Monday, May 30, 2005

Tom Cruise is an ass.

You know, I've been brooding over this whole Tom Cruise dating Katie Holmes thing and his acting like a complete ass on every talk show in his circuit. I was actually GLAD I missed him on Oprah when he was bouncing around the couch talking about how in love he was and running around like a school girl at a sleepover. Many people I've talked to have told me that they think it's a publicity stunt. How else could Katie have gone from Dawson's Creek to Tom the Freak!?

But I happened to bear witness to Tom talking on Access Hollywood (guilty pleasure). He was openly criticizing Brooke Shields for her book and her speaking publicly about taking medication for post-partum depression (PPD).

And he said her career went downhill after she had her baby. Well no shit, Sherlock! She was immobilized by depression. She probably had some higher priorities other than finding a new sitcom or finding someone 20 years younger than her to dirty dance with in front of any passing camera.

Yah. He's a complete ASS. A Scientology ASS.

Now I'm all about everyone believing what they want and practicing what they want. But when you tell me that VITAMINS could cure PPD and anyone who takes prescribed drugs is irresponsible and dangerous - I'm gonna wanna smack you around some.

"These drugs are dangerous. I have actually helped people come off," Cruise explained. "When you talk about postpartum, you can take people today, women, and what you do is you use vitamins. There is a hormonal thing that is going on, scientifically, you can prove that. But when you talk about emotional, chemical imbalances in people, there is no science behind that. You can use vitamins to help a woman through those things."

Oh thank you Tom! You saved the finally emotionally balanced women from the Paxil that has helped them. And there is no science behind chemical imbalances? Oh ok, thanks. I'm sure the medical field will make a note and ask you to speak at the next conference.

Someone out there is listening to what he is saying and thinking that St. John's Wort is going to keep them from drowning their baby in a bathtub. Heads up: IT WON'T. Tom Cruise also discourages PROFESSIONAL psychiatry or counseling. Probably because he needs some.

I could go on but I found The Sarcastic Journalist said it much funnier than I could. Tom Cruise must have a vagina to know so much about curing PPD.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home