Wednesday, August 10, 2005

What are YOU digging?

I was recently tagged for a music meme by my friend Mac. Here it is:

List ten songs that you are currently digging... it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs in your blog. Then tag five other random people to see what they're listening to.

So these are songs I'm currently listening to a lot - not my all-time favorites or anything like that.

1. 100 Years by Five for Fighting. I think they are using it in some credit card commercial now. But I really like this song and the incredible swiftness of time passing it celebrates.

2. A Little Less Conversation by Elvis. Makes me move.

3. Jersey Girl by Bruce Springsteen. Makes me think of slow dancing in the summertime.

4. All Fired Up by Pat Benatar. This song gets my heart pumping big time. Love it for exercising.

5. You and Me by Lifehouse. Cheesy pop goodness.

6. Collide by Howie Day. More pop cheese whiz. LOVE IT.

7. Put a Little Love in Your Heart Remix with Ginuwine, Stephan Jenkins, Kelly Rowland, Vanessa Carlton, Al Green, Gavin DeGraw, Heather Headley, Melissa Ethridge and Musiq. It was used in the GAP winter ads last year. I got the CD single for free a the store and l-o-v-e- it.

8. When I Look to the Sky by Train. This song always is on my playlist.

9. Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2. A shout out to my boys. I can't listen to this song without marching my feet and saying "No more!" with Bono.

10. Various "I'm a Mom Now" songs. Let Them Be Little, Mr. Mom and Front Porch Looking In by Lonestar. Miracle by Celine Dion (sobfest). Where the Green Grass Grows by Tim McGraw. If I Could by Ray Charles (more crying).

I need to tag five: Jeffadizzle, Steph, Maria, Jewl, and Carrie (when she gets back from vaca). Have fun!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, August 11, 2005, Blogger Jewl said…

    Some how I felt a "vibe" when I read this and knew you were going to tag me! LOL... Okay okay, I will do it but give me some time... I have company to pick up after.... They destroyed my daughter's bedroom so I am spending the day cleaning up...Joy.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, August 11, 2005, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    A very eclectic mix of music. And not one sesame street classic.

     
  • At 2:10 PM, August 11, 2005, Blogger Melissa said…

    I hope you don't mind...I'm going to steal this!!

     
  • At 8:27 PM, August 13, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    ahhh, you BASTID. I'll get there.... I'm still trying to finish unpacking though.


    good songs for you, though.

    HOLLA!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home