Thursday, April 28, 2005

A little hungry

UPDATE: Glad I'm not the only one emptying the pantry. A couple times I've caught Dan looking at me like "You are eating again?" I talk about food WHILE I'M ALREADY EATING. I feel like the Hungry Caterpillar. Thanks for the comments, Gang!


Someone told me before I had Liam that breastfeeding would make me almost as hungry as I was when I had him in my belly.

They weren't kidding.

There are some days I feel like I'm never full. I feel like a vaccuum - just opening the kitchen cabinets and the food comes flying out and into my mouth.

The year before I had Liam I was an exercise freak and I was on Weight Watchers. I lost about 40 lbs. I wanted to get healthy for the baby. Well once I got pregnant I gained 65 lbs! Hello!? I was constantly hungry. During my first trimester the only foods that didn't make me quesy were carbohydrates. Looking at a fruit salad made me dry heave. Lettuce made my mouth water - and not in a good way. And yeah stopping for McDonald's fries 4-5x a week probably wasn't the best thing to do but I NEEDED THEM. What are you looking at?!

Well since I had Liam I have lost 60 lbs. Liam is almost 8 months old (holy crap he turns 8 months old on Sunday). So I'm still sitting on the last 5 lbs (I probably could lose 10 and look better). But my body is completely warped. There is this ring around me that I never had before. It's not huge making me like Mrs. Michelin Man. But it is gross! I hate it!

Yet I don't do anything to get rid of it. I Just. Keep. Eating.

I'm so hungry. I eat Frosted Shredded Wheat for breakfast (a BIG bowl) just to feel fuller. Unfortunately it flushes me out better than Draino and then I'm hungry again! Luckily I'm not gaining weight.

My concern is that my appetite will continue AFTER I wean Liam and I will blow up like a Macy's Thanksgiving Parade balloon.

So I'm going to contemplate all of this while I eat a cookie.

I'm soooo in trouble.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:22 PM, April 28, 2005, Blogger Susie said…

    WebBoy - I've heard with each child it takes longer to lose the weight (which was easier to put on). Something to look forward to! Get A some nice flowers for mom's day. :)

     
  • At 3:44 PM, April 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh dear God, Susie, I totally understand. It's like something has taken over my body and, for once, can't be blamed on the baby. I could probably eat 25 chocolate chips cookies in one sitting. Mike reminds me DAILY that once I stop nursing, I'll probably put on 30 lbs in one day. Yeah, he can go screw himself. I'm EATING AWAY!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, April 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    susie-
    this has to be the NUMBER ONE reason we can't leave brooklyn. once i wean the boy, if i am still eating like this the walking will be the only thing that can SAVE ME! and even that will not be able to keep pace with the appetite that will not end!

    -jody

     
  • At 4:54 PM, April 28, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    So I guess in addition to drinking we'll all be EATING in chicago???

    no problems here.... sign me up, and bring me a plate!


    the only thing other than friends I've been missing from Reno is all those buffets.

    ok--- typing all that just made me hungry. must.....have....poptarts!!!!


    love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home