Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I'm crazy, but not THAT crazy.

Let me clear up something about yesterday's post. I did not ACTUALLY run screaming from the dentist's office. This is what happened:
  1. When the doctor delivered the news I know my eyes got big as saucers. But I sat like a good girl and listened to my options and asked questions.
  2. Took a referral for an oral surgeon.
  3. Got a prescription for antibiotics to fight the infection from my wisdom teeth. Basically, one of my wisdom teeth was biting into my gums and it caused a laceration (isn't that a great word? LACERATION - so much better than 'cut') which infected my gums.
  4. I went out to the car.
  5. Tried not to vomit.
  6. Went to CVS and got my prescription.
I gave myself till Wednesday to call and make an appointment with the oral surgeon for a consult. After I get the teeth pulled I go back to my dentist for the root canal. Something to look forward to!

That was it - the boring truth. Wasn't the first version better?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:34 PM, July 12, 2005, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    I did like the like the first version and I loved the Soylent Green reference. I hat dentists and dental stories( I always put myself in the person's shoes and then I can smell that smell)so I did not comment on the first post. I fell for you.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, July 13, 2005, Blogger Melissa said…

    I like the first version better. Don't worry...I got mine removed and it really wasn't as bad as I thought. I also had a root canal that never bothered me at all. It will be okay... :)

     
  • At 3:28 PM, July 13, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    yeah... the first version was better. definitely gets more of the sympathy vote!

    I still love you, though, LOVAH...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home