Monday, August 15, 2005

It's only about half as disgusting as you think it is.

I've recently gotten one of my pugs, Lily, pretty good at taking her toy away from Liam and bringing it to me. I've mentioned before Liam's fondness for their toys, especially the rubber (Oh MumMUM, they feel so GOOD on my gums). Well today Lily brought out an older toy she found somewhere. It's two balls with a bar between them, like a mini barbell. And they are going back and forth with it. She takes it, he follows and takes it back. She takes it, he screams and cries. Eventualy he finds her and takes it back.

You are probably disgusted right about now, right? That Liam touches and sometimes plays with the dog's toys. Not the fabric ones - just the very washable rubber and plastic ones. At this point I believe these are probably some of the cleaner things Liam touches. So join me in getting over it.

It's so much less disgusting than Liam licking the air vents, the dogs' toes, or the slide at the park. The bathoom floor, the front steps, the hairbrush. The vacuum cleaner, the shopping cart, the mat at Gymboree.

See I told you it wasn't half as disgusting as you thought it was. Or could be.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:55 PM, August 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    um, sus? we make no distinction here between rubber and stuffed dog toys. we are even more disgusting than you! we do make a concerted effort to keep the dog FOOD out of his mouth but even that can be a challenge!

     
  • At 7:30 AM, August 16, 2005, Blogger Jewl said…

    Most of the time Emily shares her sippy with her dogs. I used to try to stop it but I am over it now. Fun stuff ehh? Gone are the days of freaking if she drops something and running over to the sink to wash it off....

     
  • At 4:48 PM, August 16, 2005, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    I hear with boys it only gets more disgusting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home