Thursday, August 11, 2005

Working Lunch

Today Liam & I went to visit my friend Karen and have lunch with her in their cafeteria. Another friend, Renee, brought her two daughters, Julia and Amanda, 3 and 1 years old respectively. All the kids were well behaved but that didn't make the conversation any less work. A sample:

Susie: So Karen, what's going on? Liam, eat one at a time.

Renee: Julia, the chicken is too hot, wait a minute. Amanda, hot! Just a minute ok?

Karen: Here, let me help you. Nothing much going on. Same old stuff. Vacation was great! Want me to get that for you?

Liam: MumMumMumMum

Julia: Want me to give him his sippy? Can I have a french fry?

Renee: Julia eat some chicken then you can have a french fry.

Susie: Liam eat your blueberries, that's Mummy's napkin.

Karen: How are you doing? Ooops he dropped it again.

Julia: Are you done?

Renee: What is it you want, Amanda?

Susie: Things are good. Busy, you know. Liam, that's Renee's wallet.

Renee: I'm going to switch [from teaching first] to teaching sixth grade. Need a break from little kids. Julia, come back here please.

Julia: Are you done?

Karen: Julia I love those braids! Oh do you want some of my bagel? Here you go. Oh Liam you want some too?

Julia: Are you done?

I could go on but some of my brain just leaked out through my ears. Oh that would be because Liam is refusing to take his nap for the second day in a row and is screaming from his crib. Apparently he would rather crawl around crying in exhaustion. That's MUCH more fun.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, August 11, 2005, Blogger Jewl said…

    LOL... Sounds EXACTLY like my sister and me on the phone. I can't remember the last time I had a "normal" conversation on the phone or a 'normal" dinner out! LOL
    Welcome to the Club!

     
  • At 1:55 PM, August 12, 2005, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    Before I had Max I hated talking to people with kids for this very reason. No it is difficult to have a normal conversation without the pauses.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home