Monday, May 02, 2005

Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down...

So this morning began in a banner way with Liam waking with a double-loaded diaper at 5:45am. You know it's bad when you walk into the room and can smell the shit already. He has his lower front teeth cutting through as of yesterday. So that explains the night wakings the past few days. It'll probably last a few days/week?

So our bedroom usually feels chilly in the morning, but this morning it felt downright cold. We figured it was the window we had cracked. The thermometer on our deck outside read 25 degrees. When I brought Liam downstairs an hour later, Dan informed me that the heater wasn't working. Luckily we have a space heater in Liam's bedroom because his room never warms up unless the thermostat is set to "Hell." I refuse to sleep in Hell unless there are handsome men fanning me, each responsible for keeping different body parts cool... so that is just out.

Dan stayed home to meet the Keyspan service tech to look at it/fix it. The time window Keyspan gave us was "oh sometimes between 10am and 4pm." Oh, ok. Thanks I'll plan my day around that. Oh well. He came while Liam and I were at Gymboree. Basically some valve was dirty and we had the fan set to low (we have forced air). So for the past 3 years I have been bitching about the cold 2nd floor and if we kept our valves clean and had the right setting I could have been bitching about something else! Time wasted!

Then Daisy decided to puke 87 times between 7-10am. We call the vet and they basically said "Oh that happens sometimes when they drink water fast and run around." Oh gee thank you! Next time I'll open a fortune cookie to get a diagnosis for my dog's stomach ailments. Can dogs get the stomach flu? All I know is the Diva Miss Priss, Daisy, does NOT drink water fast. She delicately lowers her mouth to the water and sips. Lifting her head when appropriate and then gently lowering her head again. She does not chug. Now the Divine Miss Chubs, Lily, she CHUGS water.

Oh yeah and at 5pm it starteed to rain. My throw rugs were outside, drying on the deck. I washed them all today. FAB-YOO-LUS.

The bright spot of the day was when one of the neighbors-whose-name-we-know-not came over with a big pot of flowers for us because Dan helped her out during the blizzard. He cleared her driveway with the snowthrower. Karma!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:40 PM, May 02, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh Sue, I am sorry your day started off so crummy and did not get much better. I have to say, the desciption of your "girls" amde me laugh out loud. Hope tomorrow is better!
    -Jeff

     
  • At 3:39 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    big hugs, momma---

    but heeeeeey.... big boy Liam with TEETH!!!! how great!


    can't wait to see the pictures!

    XXOO

    ps... how many of those rockin' rocks did you need? I'll send them right up! :)

     
  • At 6:47 PM, May 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep it in the family! I woke up to no heat the Monday before! Two teenagers looking at me like I did it on purpose. I was the one who took the cold shower. Luv ya sis. B

     

Post a Comment

<< Home