Monday, June 06, 2005

Very Mom

I often read the blog of Very Mom. She has two boys who are very cute and she wrotes lovely stories about them. She is also very creative as you can tell from her site and she has her own business for clothe diapers. Looking at them almost made me reconsider - but we all know how lazy I am and all that washing and drying might interfer with my soap opera viewing.

Very Mom is 16 weeks pregnant. She has a horrible time with her pregnancies. She has hypermesis (excessive vomitting) and ptyalism (excessive saliva). So for her to be pregnant again - well you know she has to want it.

She's been having contractions since last Friday. She wrote a post about it. I sobbed through most of it and there isn't even any news yet.

Anyway, I'm not telling you about it to share the sadness. But rather to have you say a prayer for her and the millions of other women (and men) out there who may or may not lose their babies. The limbo of time between discovering a problem and the finality of a possible loss must feel like the very black hole of hell.

The fragile strength of her voice in her post made me cry almost as much as what she was telling me.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:59 AM, June 07, 2005, Blogger Jewl said…

    That was a hard read, I will keep her in my thoughts, I know how hard it is. It took us 10 Years to have Em and then we weren't sure she was going to live once she was born. She was only 2 pounds at birth because of my emergency C-section. I oftern wonder if I ever want to get pregant again, so many things can happen. Emmy and I will send prayers her way...

     
  • At 8:51 AM, June 07, 2005, Blogger Melissa said…

    I'm going to check it out right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home