Thursday, July 14, 2005

"So I've Got a New Look" and other random thoughts...

  • I love bright vibrant color. So here we are with my new look. I really like it. Like it a lot! Plus this way I can sort of be in the warm weather all year. Even when we are slammed with the Nor'easters every weekend from Dec-March. It's especially in the winter that I need a little light in my life. Besides Liam.
  • I promised myself that my blog would never become a laundry list of what I did/am doing today. But sometimes it's really tough to get my act together to blog about something interesting. I get ideas for my blog all the time. Usually when driving, in between singing "The cow goes Moo moo!" But once I get back to "the office," sometimes I just don't feel like posting.
  • I live my life in 2-3 hour increments. Liam's awake and nap times. During a nap I need to weigh whether this will be used as time to get things done (like housework)... or time to relax. Right now I'm posting while he's asleep. Recently Liam has dropped his morning nap to one hour (though, right now, we are going on two - so shhhhh!). When that happens I feel cheated! Then selfish. I mean, after all I want to spend time and play with him, right? But I'm "on" as Mum the whole times he's awake. It's exhausting as any parent or care provider can tell you. It's especially hitting me now that he is getting more mobile. It means more chasing, more telling him what's ok (toys, pulling up on furniture, patting the dog) and what is not (dog dishes and toys, electrical cords, the dog's tail), more soothing, more helping. I just hope he is getting as tired as I am!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM, July 14, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    hey momma... somebody's gotta do the laundry... cause it ain't doin itself, you know?


    no worries!

    love the new pic of Liam... 10 months... wow. how in hell did that happen?


    XXOO three cheers for nap time!

     
  • At 1:41 PM, July 14, 2005, Blogger Melissa said…

    I go through thoughts of desperately wanting him to go to sleep and then I feel bad about it. I think we all do. It's part of being a mommy.
    I love your new look!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, July 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the new look Susie!

    Keep on talking, I love listening.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, July 14, 2005, Blogger Memphis said…

    This is cool! I keep meaning to customize my blog header and just never have finished it. One of these days ...

     
  • At 5:04 PM, July 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on the new look. I dig it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home