Thursday, September 08, 2005

And Whitney said crack is whack...

Is she insane? Has the woman COMPLETELY LOST HER FRIGGN MIND?

Babs Bush and her pearls and sensible shoes came out to the Astrodome and was quoted as saying:

"Almost everyone I've talked to says 'we're going to move to Houston'."

Then she added: "What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality."

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this (she chuckles slightly) is working very well for them."

THIS IS WORKING VERY WELL FOR THEM?!

I'm FLABBERGASTED.

Even sadder, when I was googling for a link to reference the quote... I came up with Japan Today, , the UK Economist and an India paper. Ah, may the world also bear witness.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, September 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That made me sick to my stomach.
    As a Texan, I try to ignore all the talk going around that our economy is going to be blasted, our kids are getting screwed in schools and our jobs are going to be scarce with the influx of people.
    And here I was just proud that we were stepping up to help.
    Oh, naive me.

     
  • At 2:09 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger Susan said…

    Barbara used to be the one Bush who didn't scare the holy hell out of me.

    No longer.

    Maybe Babs is on the crack.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home