Thursday, September 15, 2005

Keys

Liam is obsessed with my keys. Today I saw him near the front door doing his mischievous laugh (hehehe... heheheh... heheheh), flapping his arms like a bird and opening and closing his hands. He found my keys where I dropped them on floor, just to the side of the doorway.

That was it. He has had them in his hands or CLOSE to his person ever since. Not sure, but I think he may be plotting how to hold on to them till he has his license.



He jingles, he shakes.

He drops, he picks up.

He chews, he drools.

He puts them in the cart, shuts the lid, laughs maniacally (muah hahaha I have you now! Should I worry about the well-being of future siblings?) He opens , he grabs, he drops, he picks up, he shakes, he rattles. Lather and rinse. Repeat.

The noise of keys, however, is causing the dogs to become unhinged.

Keys mean someone is leaving or coming. As Liam crawls toward their bed - their "sanctuary"- and giggles and rattles and the dogs have nervous breakdowns on the spot.


They pace, they whine.

They nudge, they whine.

They sigh, they burp.

They take refuge in their stress ball.

I take refuge in a bottle of gin.

Joking.

Or AM I?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home