Monday, October 17, 2005

He cried "More, more, more!"

There is nothing like returning from 4 days of fancy free lifestyle to diaper rash and love from The World's Smallest Food compactor. While I was gone apparently his stomach grew into each leg and arm as he is never FULL. The sign "more eat" is happening every hour on the hour. I haven't fed this much food to anyone since I was pregnant and feeding MYSELF. The boy. He's a bottomless pit!

And the pooping. It is plentiful. No shit (no pun intended)! When he is eating so much, it's gotta go somewhere. But all the pooping - which is also happening during the night now too and he doesn't wake up from it - it's giving him a nasty diaper rash. And the diaper rash. It doesn't make him very happy about diaper changes. I am practically covering him with my entire body in order to keep him down long enough to clean up all the poop. It's the sticky kind that requires 20 wipes. Which doesn't feel very good on a red hiney. Neither does the application of the Butt Paste. He let's me know his displeasure with some yelling and furrowed brows and a very stern look.

Sir, I've taken note. I sympathize and I'm rolling up my sleeves to ride this one out with you. And of course there are more crackers for you.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:22 PM, October 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the armrolls! My babies never had armrolls! How can I get a baby with armrolls?

    Not that I can't relate to the poop (well, okay, I guess I can't, because my poor children are always constipated), but how was the weekend, Ms. Suz?

     
  • At 10:43 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Susie said…

    I don't know how to make armrolls! Well actually I do - lots of Oreos. But
    for him? No idea. I breastfed - and he liked that. A lot. Too much.

    Stories to come!

     
  • At 12:51 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Claire said…

    Yes, my breastfed baby also had armrolls. And leg rolls. And chin rolls. My favorite were his wrist-rolls, where it looked like we had permanent rubber bands secured to hold his skin back there.

    And when I quit nursing him he also became a bottomless pit. And suddenly, five months later, his appetite is rapidly disappearing, as are the beloved squooshy rolls. Even the thigh rolls that seemed to have some killer staying power are whittling down. Sigh. Fat babies are the best.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home