Wednesday, March 08, 2006

March Wk 2!



So here's where I do the blah blah blah - play the game! Have fun! Rock it out...

First timers: READ THE RULES or be subject to point deduction and much ridicule.

Last week started the new March Game... but also ended February which gave us CARRIE as the Rock Star...
Will YOU be the Rock Star this month? Let's roll.

The Lyrics...
1. We’ve shared the laughter and the pain and even shared the tears

2. We take the pressure, and we throw away conventionality, belongs to yesterday

3. So many times, it happens too fast…You trade your passion for glory

4. With auburn hair and tawny eyes; the kind of eyes that hypnotize me through

5. I can cast a spell… With secrets you can’t tell…

6. I done told you once you son of a bitch… I'm the best there's ever been

7. Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky

8. I keep a close watch on this heart of mine, I keep my eyes wide open all the time

9. Power and the money, money and the power…Minute after minute, hour after hour

10. In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.

Bonus Points: Sorry, no referral points this week! But I'll give you one point if you go to Carrie's blog and leave her a comment congratulating her for being February's Rock Star.

Bonus Point Question: What do these songs have in common?

TIME LIMIT: YOU HAVE UNTIL 7PM TONIGHT TO COMMENT.

Have fun!

Why are you looking at me? Go play!
Did you just say something about my hair?

9 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lord, i only know two. though this might have something to do with the wooden block to the nose i took last night.

    1. against all odds by phil collins

    10. seasons of love by the cast of rent

    bonuc question: i'm going ot go with all these songs appear in movies though i don't know the majority of them

    did liam's hair grow in the last two weeks? it looks longer. dov sends tickles. and some vacuuming.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    #1 Against all odds Phil Collins
    #6 Devil went down to Georgia Charlie Daniels band
    #7 Dust in the Wind Kansas

    Bonus question: Just a guess but all malE artists?

    Cute pics of Liam and the girls!

     
  • At 9:56 AM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Claire said…

    5) I'm Every Woman -- Chaka Khan
    6) The Devil Went Down to Georgia -- Charlie Daniels Band
    7) Dust in the Wind -- Kansas
    8) Walk the Line -- Johnny Cash
    9) I totally know this one....at least I think I do...yet it escapes me at the moment! I think it's a rap song.

    My guess for bonus is that these are songs (I know at least some are) that people have suggested, incorrectly, as other songs in previous Name that Tune iterations? Maybe?

     
  • At 10:13 AM, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep,I've finally found a positive to Riley's early waking, I get to play Name that Tune early!

    do i get an extra point for playing before 7 my time? ;)

     
  • At 11:19 AM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Grr, everyone already knew the ones I did!! I have to start getting on here earlier! I will go tell Carrie how cool she is though!

     
  • At 11:30 AM, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's funny when you come as late as I do -- much of the work of what to guess on is taken care of by the fact there's only a few left (wink!)

    I'm sure about #2, because Grease actually IS the word! (by the BeeGees) I'm also sure about #3 because I happen to have the Eye of the Tiger (by, I think, Survivor?) As for #3, would it possibly be "I Ran So Far Away" by those sultans of cool hair, Flock of Seagulls?

    If so, I believe that Jodes was 100% correct about the bonus question: all in movies.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    2- Grease by the Bee Gees (I don't care that it has been guessed... I'd be a poser if I didn't give props to my disco!)

    3- Eye of the Tiger by Survivor (LOVE rocky movies)

    4 - I Ran (so far away) by the Flock of Seagulls (thanks for messing that one up, BJ... I'll take your points for saying #3 twice!! ;)

    6 - is NOT the Gambler by Kenny Rogers, but everyone has already said that. :)

    i TOTALLY know #8 is my boy Johnny Cash... but I think Claire guessed it.

    #9 - this reminds me of a pet shop boys song. but I'm also thinking vanilla ice. so I'm probably wrong with both.



    Jody took my guess as far as movies... but I'll go one step further and say that the songs were the OPENING songs in movies.


    as for the other bonus. I see your misleading way to get me to comment in my own comments, (circle gets the square) and I'll raise you one. I will go congratulate myself in a post before March 1st. ;)


    XXOO kisses to the boy!

     
  • At 6:01 PM, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In a word: 'doh!

    Also, Bridget and I have figured out (in a stellar case of teamwork) the elusive song #9. Since we've already guessed I won't post it until just before 7pm, for the glory if not for the points. But only if no one else has officially claimed it. I think that one is the stumper of the week!

     
  • At 6:57 PM, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, since no one has come along to claim this elusive final fruit, I'm gonna post the answer on behalf of me (the one who managed to go "Oh my god! OK, what the heck was the movie w/ Michelle Pfeiffer and she was a teacher and there was this song by the guy w/ the crazed hair and I know I can google this but that would be wrong, but THAT is the song! And Weird Al Yankovic did a spoof of it? HELP!!!" and Bridget (the one who replied:)

    Gangster's Paradise by Coolio!

    kudos on a very tricky week, oh maestro of music!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home