Thursday, March 02, 2006

My Love is Better than Ice Cream

So yeah how's about a post NOT about my game. That'd be good, huh? Mayyyybe...maybe not.

How you doin' out there?

I'm doing ok. Well...actually really well cause things are cruising along here on the homefront. Granted we still don't have our home on the market because the goddamn DEP hasn't cleared the pre-existing order on the house.

Long story - REALLY boring; short version - we live on land that is part conservation land/wetlands. Previous owners did a small amount of clearing and stone wall building in the conservation area...we found out hours before signing papers on the house...part of the money we paid them for the house was kept in escrow to pay for reparations at the discretion of the local conservation commission (lcc). The lcc got off their asses about it in September (our 3rd YEAR in the house) but the state DEP didn't approve their reparation plan and made up their own. (Can you say "pissing contest"?) Yadda yadda yadda... we are stuck waiting for paperwork and action that is hanging out in red tape. We could try to sell the house anyway but who wants to buy a house with a pre-exisiting order on it! Red flag! We did because we were green first time homebuyers and we found out RIGHT BEFORE SIGNING THE FRIGGIN PAPERS. So anyway - we aren't going to market the house til it's resolved.

Dan finally had his review from work and while of course raises are great and all...it's been in limbo for about 3 months waiting for meeting times and rescheduling etc etc...so while we are jubiliant! about the raise we are more relieved it is finally done. Plus it's retroactive. Hooray!

This weekend I'm attending two seminars on photography hosted by Nikon School. I'm hoping to finally get some insight into the basics then some advanced features of my D70. It's not specifically for D70s but rather for SLRs. There will be talks by professionals and photojournalists. I'm really excited! Plus two days of me being by myself - Susie the woman who has interest in photography. Not necessarily just Susie the mom who takes lots of pictures of Liam. And around adults! for 6 hours on two days in a row! Madness.

To my GLEE my husband brought me home a surprise tonight... a SB-800 speedlight for the camera. Can't wait to see how it changes the quality of my pictures. I'm so spoiled!

So spoiled that Dan is caring for Liam this weekend and in 3 weeks when I got to DC for a weekend with two girlfriends. Two weekends for me in one month! I can't even wrap my brain around it yet.

But yet...these weekends are coming...can I get a HELL YEAH?

Tomorrow...some pics of the boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home