Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sometimes You're the Windshield, Sometimes You're the Bug

I really wish Liam would send me a memo the night before he was going to have a morning of meltdowns so I could get to bed early and rest up. Mother of GOD did he hate LIFE today. I checked his temperature and it was about 99. A little higher than normal but nothing too bad. So like a mother of any toddler/baby I chalk it up to teething. He has 16 teeth but still has a gap through the front two big enough to drive his ride-on car. So I figure they have got to be moving around in there and some of them may even still be pushing through.

On top of that I have a gimpy pug. That's right, Lily, the middle child (Jan Brady syndrome and all), somehow hurt her leg Monday and has been gimping off and on ever since. The vet said that pugs are prone to dislocating their KNEECAPS. Who knew pugs HAD kneecaps - never mind dislocated them.


Lily is on the left.

So the vet gave us some pain meds for the next 4 days. And Lily is doing a lot more laying than anything. Poor girl!

And the house saga continues with a visit from Keyspan Nutbagger regarding our heating system. It's been turning itself off during the night and we've been waking to the house being about 63-65 degrees. Which is nothing to my friend Ang who goes all sub-Arctic at night and turns her temps down to like 55 or some shit. And it's not been effecting Liam as we have a separate electric heater because his room runs colder anyway.

So yeah first the new water heater at about $750+ and then the Keyspan Nutbagger charges $100 just for entering my house. I think in many states they call that PROSTITUTION. Anyway - the only thing he did was clean out the manifold and attached ducts (does that sound right?). When I was getting the lowdown from him, I was TRYING my best to FOCUS on what he was saying, but it still mostly sounded all Charlie Brown "Wah wah wah wah.. debris blocking air... wah wah wah wah... cleaned it out... wah wah wah... that'll be $110."

My eyes glazed over and rolled back in my head till I heard the fee after which I repeated it 3x like a moron and went upstairs to get the checkbook. Liam was yelling and the dogs were barking and it was all turning into a circus. But it was warm in the house and we like our circus to be toasty.

So after a stupid disagreement with a friend last night (read: two girls feeling crappy and saying dumb things at the completely wrong time) and Mr Joy-to-the-World this morning and Lady Gimps-a-lot and Keyspan Nutbagger. I'm a little tired.

What was that bitch's name that said "Tomorrow is another day?" Yeah her. See ya tomorrow.

PS Close friends and family, don't go getting all freaked out. I'm fine - everyone has these days...I just get to write about them!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Odd Mix said…

    Oh, I hate days like those. I spent $1600 on my wife's teeth last week after spending' just the week before' $900 to have surgery on our boxer puppy. Can you guess what for? Yep, to have a dislocating patella... that's his KNEECAP, for thos not initiated into the mysteries of medical terms... repaired. And, Oh, BTW, they neutered him while he was under without asking us and then had the balls (pun intended) to charge us an additional $200.

    Hope things look up tomorrow. Sleeeeeeeep, Liam, sleeeeeeep.

     
  • At 4:21 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    please note that in the earlier post I didn't actually SAY neener neener... was just IMPLYING that I might be THINKING of saying at some point. :)


    mothah fuckah... you gots yourself a shit day, toots. wasn't your trade-off day today, too? were you hosting?


    I'll see you at the chocolate bar, ok?


    XXOO

     
  • At 5:18 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Susie said…

    Ang - 63! That is the temp it was one morning when I got up and I thought it was FRIGID! You must be VERY warm-hearted ;-)

    Odd Mix - What are the odds we both have dogs with dilocating kneecaps?! And your Vet Nutbagger should have SURELY ask permission before snipping the pups jewels...and then to charge. Definitely not right!

    Carrie - Say neener all you want girl - you are in first place! Pass the chocolate!

     
  • At 10:04 PM, February 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Sus! Sorry for the rough day sweetie! Hope the chocolate chip banana bread helped! Take out the bananas and I'd be all over it! :)

    Hope your day is better tomorrow!

    And Angis just crazy with those temps! I'm calling her Dr. Ice Fergie from now on!! Love ya Ang! :)

    Oh, meant to add that even though I completely suck at it I loved name that tune this week, I'll definitely be a regular from now on!

     
  • At 7:51 PM, February 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carrie, I would say any level of "neener" is completely appropriate. After all, how often do things like an amazing memory for song lyrics actually benefit a person? When you can get something from that kind of skill I say neener all ya like!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home