Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Week 5



Yeeeehaw! Welcome back to the only game that makes you sing the same song in your head all friggin day long.. yes you are WELCOME!

Yeah mad props to my girl Carrie for jazzing up the game with these sizzling logos. She is the schiznit. Go visit her and share the good love. Also note the stats listed in my sidebar...also the SCHNIZZLE. Thanks, Car.

Welcome to new playas! Hopefully you are here because someone referred you to gain some extra points... PLEASE read the rules. Cause just cause you are new doesn't mean you are SPECIAL. HA Well you do get the 3 FREE 'I'm not a loser' points and if you guess you get another free point just for being YOU. Kinda like writing your name on the SAT getting you the 200 pts. But NO! No 200 pts here so don't ask. Liam won't budge and he is the man behind the curtain after all.

RULES RULES RULES...
1. Be honest and don't Google the lyric line I posted, ok? I mean the prize won't be THAT stellar to warrant cheating. Now I never said team play was illegal. But there is only one prize. And most people are playing on their own... so it does sort of pose an unfair advantage. But I still won't rule it out.
2. First come, first correct answer, points earned! That means only one person gets the points for getting the song/artist right. Whomever guesses the correct answer first!You have til the deadline [declared day of game] ET to take guesses.
3. ONE comment entry per person per game. So no guessing one then coming back and guessing on the rest. One shot to get them right. Otherwise we've got ourselves a free-for-all!
4. You can guess on all or just one or two. You get a point for each one you get right - IF you were the first commenter to get it correct.
5. You have to guess both the Song title AND the Performer. If you guess only one or the other you get no points, even if it's right. AND you give another player a chance to get it right!
6. The game is played every Wednesday - the game will be posted by 10AM ET.
7. Lastly, if it looks like someone got them all - guess ANYWAY! It's fun! And you could end up with some points due to a technicality. Sucky to one, joy to another - that's life!

TIME LIMIT: YOU HAVE UNTIL TONIGHT AT 7PM ET TO COMMENT.

The Lyrics...
1. These days you might feel a shaft of light make it’s way across your face

2. My father yells what you gonna do with your life

3. If your life was bad to you, Just think what tomorrow will do.

4. And it turns out he was a missing person who nobody missed al all

5. Your love is better than chocolate… Better than anything else that I’ve tried

6. If I’m acting so distracted… I’m thinking about the fireworks…That go off when you smile

7. Love just don’t come easy…No it seldom does

8. They travel in packs of two or three… With their itsy bitsy doggies and their teeny-weeny tees

9. Color me your color, darling…I know who you are.

10. I’ve had to work much harder than this for something I want don’t try to resist me

#1 BONUS POINT OP for this week!! I will give one extra point to YOU for every NEW player referral you bring to the game next week. In other words... if Ang gets Jamie to play, he comments and says Ang sent me! AND takes guesses.. Ang gets an extra point. New player means never played before. New players can also participate. So using this example...Jamie could then get Joe to play and Jamie would get an extra point.

#2 BONUS POINT OP: What do all these songs have in common? First player to get it right gets 2 bonus points.

Results will be posted by Thursday morning!

Last note: Contestant Claire may be absent this week as she just HAD A BABY! Go check out her gorgeous addition to an already beautiful family. Congrats again, Claire!

16 Comments:

  • At 9:38 AM, February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1. these are the days by 10,000 maniacs

    2. girls just want to have fun by cyndi lauper

    4. ice cream by sarah maglauchlin

    10. opern you heart by madonna

     
  • At 9:39 AM, February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that should be 'open' not 'opern' but some little person is trying to type while i do. apologies.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    2- Girls just want to have fun -- Cindy Lauper

    4 - Dixie Chicks... Goodbye Earl!!! (the ONLY dixie song I know.. thanks to MANY drunken softball games)

    7--- can it be??? DONNA???? When you find the perfect love... let it fill you up....Dim the lights, sweet darlin!! "Dim all the Lights" by Donna SUmmer!!!!


    I'm almost POSITIVE I know #9, too, but I'm WAY late for playgroup...

    I'm spent.. that's all I got.

    love you!

     
  • At 9:56 AM, February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, # 2 is Cyndi Lauper Girls just want to have fun.
    #5 is Sarah McLachlan Ice Cream
    I'm pretty sure #9 is Madonna, but can't think of the song..Damn!!!
    And total guess for #8 is Short people by Randy Newman. Ok gotta go get in the shower!

     
  • At 9:57 AM, February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OOps I meant # 10 is Madonna, not 9!

     
  • At 10:27 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    I am on the road and cannot guess any of them. I just want to comment to get my freebie points.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger mamashine said…

    #2 Girls just want to have fun by cyndi lauper
    #4 goodbye earl by dixie chicks
    #5 ice cream by sarah maclachlan
    #10 open your heart by madonna

    i only know the ones everybody's already said. oh well.

     
  • At 11:37 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    doh!! I was in such a rush to get to playgroup that I didn't see the bonus point action. RATS!!!


    loooove the logo, btw. that'll DEFINITELY cost you an appetizer in DC!!! :)

     
  • At 12:09 PM, February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh! I found one no one has guessed yet! 8 is Pink's Stupid Girls.

     
  • At 12:10 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Book Bums said…

    I only knew #2 and #5 and I wasn't the first so no points awarded here! But Carrie did send me your way for this contest so give HER some love...

     
  • At 1:10 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Grant-Will-Rant said…

    I was referred by Kep, so she gets a point!

    And I only knew #2: Girls just wanna have fun by Cyndi Lauper.

    Oh, and what do all these songs have in common? I can think of several: All sung by women who like to dye their hair?? Um...maybe they all won a grammy (is it grammy?) for these songs. Or...all these songs are on movie soundtracks! Yeah, that's my guess.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger gina said…

    i suck. only ones i know are madonna and cyndi lauper and i am too late. BUT carrie sent me , so give her a point :)

     
  • At 2:16 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger gina said…

    ooh do i get three points for being a newbie?

     
  • At 3:13 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm new, and Carrie referred me! The only one I knew was #4, Goodbye, Earl by the Dixie Chicks, so I guess I just get newbie points this week. Fun game!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    points to Bridget for she referred me here -- huzzah to Bridget!

    I believe that number 6 is "Don't Get Me Wrong" by the Pretenders (one of the greatest chick rockers of all time) and number 9 is "Call Me" by Blondie (also one of the greatest chick rockers of all time)

    This is fun -- see you next Wednesday!

     
  • At 5:51 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Peggy said…

    Came by way of Carrie. Only knew 2 and so did everyone else but commented to give Carrie points

     

Post a Comment

<< Home