Wednesday, February 15, 2006

HEY YOU! Name that Tune Week 4

How YOU doin'??? Are you ready to rock out? Liam is... he's jamming as I speak to the Wiggles. Of course jamming means he is looking at his feet and bouncing his butt up and down to the beat of "Dancin' with Wags the Dog." He has added a couple moves in the past week. The flapping of the arms, shaking of the hands and the stomping of the right foot. Totally getting jiggy with it!

Here are the STANDINGS from last week...
Diana - 10 pts ***NEW POINTS LEADER ***
Ang - 8 pts
Carrie - 7 pts
Johnny Mac - 6 pts
Jenni - 6 pts
Kelli - 5 pts
Jody - 5 pts
onangelwings - 5 pts
Claire - 5 pts
Kerry - 4 pts
Toronto Erin - 4pts
William - 4 pts
Erin - 4 pts

SOOOOOO Kiddies we are KICKING IT UP A NOTCH - BAM! - this week. I think most of these are HARDER. So maybe think them over - don't jump the gun! And remember the RULES... (and that the winner at the end of February gets a coolish prize of my choosing....)

RULES RULES RULES...
1. Be honest and don't Google the lyric line I posted, ok? I mean the prize won't be THAT stellar to warrant cheating. Added: Now I never said team play was illegal. But there is only one prize. And most people are playing on their own... so it does sort of pose an unfair advantage. But I still won't rule it out.
2. First come, first correct answer, points earned! That means only one person gets the points for getting the song/artist right. Whomever guesses the correct answer first!You have til the deadline [declared day of game] ET to take guesses.
3. ONE comment entry per person per game. So no guessing one then coming back and guessing on the rest. One shot to get them right. Otherwise we've got ourselves a free-for-all!
4. You can guess on all or just one or two. You get a point for each one you get right - IF you were the first commenter to get it correct.
5. You have to guess both the Song title AND the Performer. If you guess only one or the other you get no points, even if it's right. AND you give another player a chance to get it right!
6. The game is played every Wednesday - the game will be posted by 10AM ET..
7. Lastly, if it looks like someone got them all - guess ANYWAY! It's fun! And you could end up with some points due to a technicality. Sucky to one, joy to another - that's life!

TIME LIMIT: YOU HAVE UNTIL TONIGHT AT 7PM ET TO COMMENT.

The Lyrics...
1. Love me or leave me, make your choice but believe me... I love you...

2. This is the book I never read... These are the words I never said... This is the path I'll never tread...

3. I could hide out under there... I just made you say ’underwear’... I could leave but I’ll just stay... All my stuff’s here anyway.

4. What am I gonna do if my mom finds out... I’ve got a green gorilla... She’ll ground me for a week...

5. And for my nineteenth birthday I got a union card and a wedding coat...

6. She feeds him well his concerns he forgets them... And remembers being small... playing under the table and dreaming...

7. From the high to the low to the end of the show for the rest of their lives...

8. In sixty-nine I was twenty-one and I called the road my own... I don’t know when that road turned onto the road I’m on...

9. But when you talk about destruction.. Don’t you know that you can count me out?

10. Can’t you see the sunshine... Can’t you just feel the moonshine...

And there you go... once again... you have 'til TONIGHT AT 7PM ET.

Rock on, my good friends. Rock ON.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM, February 15, 2006, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    3. Bare naked ladies. Pinch
    7. Scenes from Italian reastaurant. Billy Joel
    6. Dave matthews Ants marching
    2. Eurythmics or annie Lenox. WHy.


    Damn That's all I got.

     
  • At 10:10 AM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Susie said…

    I can hear you both panting from here from the exhaustion of the repeated refreshing! Nice to see you both so early in the game!

     
  • At 10:10 AM, February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ack- numbers 2 and 3 are right there!

    3. something by Barenaked Ladies?

    5. Atlantic City by Bruce Springsteen

    7. Angry Young Man by Billy Joel

    10. Carolina in My Mind by James Taylor

     
  • At 10:19 AM, February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    argh-i just thought of which springsteen that is!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Claire said…

    3)Catch Me -- Barenaked Ladies
    9) Revolution -- The Beatles
    8) Is this a Bruce Springsteen song? "When you're alone" or something?

    That's all I gots. These are tough!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Claire said…

    Dammit dammit! Just googled some lyrics and I missed two. But I got the Beatles!!!! One point for Miss Claire!

     
  • At 11:03 AM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    OOOH!!!! I thought I would miss this weeks... (playgroup and warranty work and the phone going nuts... can we move the game to Thursdays or something????)


    anyways....

    I TOTALLY KNOW #1 is ABBA!!!!!!!! song is I do I do I do I do I do (yes... FIVE I do's!!!!!!!) LOVE ABBA!!!!!!!!!

    I think everyone got the others, or at least the ones I would have a clue about!

     
  • At 11:36 AM, February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, I'm late, but I'm here...

    #2 Why - Annie Lennox

    #3 Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies

    #5 River - Bruce Springsteen

    #9 Revolution - Beatles

    #10 Carolina on my Mind - John Denver

    must get back to work...

     
  • At 8:28 PM, February 15, 2006, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    I just need to say that Word Verification screwed me this time around and it took me 6 and half minutes to figure it out....So technically I beat angela.

    Im just saying

     

Post a Comment

<< Home