Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Bueller...Bueller...? Name That Tune Results

So this week was harder, eh? Not so many guesses... and not so many right answers... but points were had by all who tried! And there were definitely points given for right answers too. As always, thanks for coming and playing!

Ang and William were here, bright eyed and bushy-tailed this AM refreshing like mad. William is stalking the game and has more excuses than Peyton Manning. Diana strolled in a bit later in the morning and nabbed a few points for herself. As always we had Carrie and Claire guessing as well. Many no shows... or maybe just no guessers. Either way - here we go!

Answers and Point Takers...
1. Love me or leave me, make your choice but believe me... I love you...
I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do - ABBA; Points to Carrie!

2. This is the book I never read... These are the words I never said... This is the path I'll never tread...
Why - Annie Lennox; Points to William!

3. I could hide out under there... I just made you say ’underwear’... I could leave but I’ll just stay... All my stuff’s here anyway.
Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies; Points to Diana!

4. What am I gonna do if my mom finds out... I’ve got a green gorilla... She’ll ground me for a week...
Red Banana - Ralph's World; points to the sky - no one got it. This is a children's song. I think it's been on Noggin but not sure...

5. And for my nineteenth birthday I got a union card and a wedding coat...
The River - Bruce Springsteen; Points to Diana! This is CLASSIC Bruce...the dude in the song always gets screwed.

6. She feeds him well his concerns he forgets them... And remembers being small... playing under the table and dreaming...
Ants Marching - Dave Matthews Band; Points to Ang!

7. From the high to the low to the end of the show for the rest of their lives...
Scenes from an Italian Restaurant - Billy Joel; Points to William!

8. In sixty-nine I was twenty-one and I called the road my own... I don’t know when that road turned onto the road I’m on...
Runnin' on Empty - Jackson Browne; points to my head cause no one got this one either. Which was a bit of a shocker to me... think of the scene in Forrest Gump where he is RUNNAN...'looking out at the road rushing under my wheels...'

9. But when you talk about destruction.. Don’t you know that you can count me out?
Revolution - The Beatles; Points to Claire!

10. Can’t you see the sunshine... Can’t you just feel the moonshine...
Carolina on My Mind - James Taylor; Points to Jody!

And the standings...
(remember 1st time players get 3 "I'm not a loser!" points; additionally players get ONE POINT for showing up to play even if they fail to score - first and only game you'll get points for THAT.)

Diana - 13 pts POINTS LEADER
Ang - 10 pts
Carrie - 9 pts
Jody - 7 pts
Claire - 7 pts
William - 7 pts
Johnny Mac - 6 pts
Jenni - 6 pts
Kelli - 5 pts
onangelwings - 5 pts
Toronto Erin - 4 pts
Erin - 4 pts
Kerry - 4 pts

PROGRAMMING NOTE: NEXT WEEKS' GAME WILL BE POSTED AT 9:30am ET.

BONUS POINT OP for next week!! I will give one extra point to YOU for every NEW player referral you bring to the game next week. In other words... if Ang gets Jamie to play, he comments and says Ang sent me! AND takes guesses.. Ang gets an extra point. New player means never played before.

Enjoy your flight!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM, February 16, 2006, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    I did not know that Peyton Manning ever used word verification as a reason he can't win a big game.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, February 16, 2006, Blogger Susie said…

    You right, William, I think that is one excuse he hasn't used yet. I'm only teasing! :-)

    Plus Claire is gonna give me crap for mocking Peyton anyway.

    Ang - Good thing Jamie didnt play this week or you couldn't get onus points for him for next week!! See how that works? Tricky!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home