Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Week 5 Results


Well I think I've found a chink in the collective armour of my Contestants! Can you say Late 70s-Early 80s? Yeah it's probably when half of you were born...WHATEVER! BJ saved your asses with coming through with some good - and correct - calls. Listen up on some classic rock, people! I still heart you. I HEART YOU. There I said it. It's out there.

Welcome to our new PLAYERS!!! So happy to have you and to roll out the red carpet we will give you THREE FREE 'I'm not a loser' points and and extra point for guessing... That's right - you ahvent even gotten one right yet and you got 4 pts. Can I get a woohoo? So WELCOME! to kep, Grant, ZuphChic, Gina, Laina, BJ, and Peggy.

Way to go Kelli for being a mom AND knowing a Top 40 hit. She's the real slim shady. Jenni was the first commenter and walked away with her pts. Ang came later than usual but nailed the commonality of the songs first. Carrie racked up referral points and both kep and Bridget gain a bonus point as well. And Jody? Yeah the petite girl from the big city rocked you all OUT this week. Oh and don't even think William didn't interrupt his travel to post a comment JUST to get his point. Oh yeah. He did.

Answers and Point Takers...
1. These days you might feel a shaft of light make it’s way across your face
These Are Days – 10000 Maniacs; Points to Jody!

2. My father yells what you gonna do with your life
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper; Points to Jody!

3. If your life was bad to you, Just think what tomorrow will do.
Don’t Stop – Fleetwood Mac; Points to Bill Clinton cause you all missed this one. So don't stop thinking about tomorrow..don't stop it'll soon be here...

4. And it turns out he was a missing person who nobody missed at all
Goodbye Earl – Dixie Chicks; Points to Jenni!

5. Your love is better than chocolate… Better than anything else that I’ve tried
Ice Cream – Sarah MacLachlan; Points to Jody! Even thought you butchered poor Sarah's name all to shit....a 'g'? Really?

6. If I’m acting so distracted… I’m thinking about the fireworks…That go off when you smile
Don’t Get Me Wrong – The Pretenders; Points to BJ!

7. Love just don’t come easy…No it seldom does
Dim All The Lights – Donna Summer; Points to Carrie!

They travel in packs of two or three… With their itsy bitsy doggies and their teeny-weeny tees
Stupid Girls – Pink; Points to Kelli who is being chased down the hall by her IT dept for bypassing her company's firewall to play! Oh and my favorite guess of the week is Bridget thinking mabe this song is Short People by Randy Newman. LOVE YOU, B!

9. Color me your color, darling…I know who you are.
Call Me – Blondie; Points to BJ!

10. I’ve had to work much harder than this for something I want don’t try to resist me
Open Your Heart - Madonna; Points to Jody!

Bonus Point OP #1: Carrie referred 4! Bridget referred 1! kep referred 1! Each will be awarded an equal number of points.

Bonus point OP #2: Ang scored TWO bonus points here. These are all songs sung by female artists!

Everyone gets 1 point for playing. Newbies get 3 points so they don't look so pathetic.

Claire gets 1 point for giving birth. Yes if you give birth in a game week you also get 1 pt. Name your child after me and get automatic 500 points.

The current stats can be viewed in the sidebar!

We are in the home stretch for February's Rock Star. Next week will round off the contest for February. We will start from scratch in March.

You could still WIN IT ALL! The Referral Bonus will continue next week. Get a new player to the game and say they sent you...bonus point, baby! There will also be a new bonus question.

Welcome again to the newbies...you aren't newbies anymore! See you next week.

Next Wednesday the game will be posted at 9 AM ET.

10 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wait a minute...spelling counts? and there i was deliberately NOT going to google to look her up. give a girl away from her music stash and trapped in a unbabyproofed house with her mother-in-law a break. really, give her a break. i don't even care about the point, a break would be good. love you! tell liam dov misses his vacuum, i mean him.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Susie said…

    Oh GAWD you New Yohkas drive me NUTS.

     
  • At 8:00 AM, February 23, 2006, Blogger gina said…

    enjoyed ... uh.... playing and not knowing a damn thing but i will be back just for fun. send lots of reminders. lol.

     
  • At 9:31 AM, February 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry I missed it this week! Had a sick baby at home...I'll be out next week too, sonogram...damn kids!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    not to sound obsessive or anything, but the points standing says it was last updated 2/15.

    :) get it?? obsessive? HAH!

    on a side note, though... am I allowed to say 'neener neener neener... I'm in the lead?'

     
  • At 1:04 PM, February 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, I gotta ask for a ruling from the judges about the commonality thing: Fleetwood Mac is a female artist? I'm sure that Mick Fleetwood, not to mention Lindsey Buckingham, will be thrilled to hear this. (then again, that's what he gets for having such a girly name -- Lindsey for a boy...)

    I'm coming earlier next week and I will challenge your well-deserved "neener neener neener" carrie! (at least as long as there are more classic and chick rock entries. Hint, hint...)

     
  • At 1:57 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Susie said…

    Carrie - You can say neener neener all you want. Just know it will come back if you don't stay on top (I know you like it there!)

    BJ - For the Fleetwood Mac song... I thought I said performed by female artists? I was pretty sure Christine McVie took the lead on that song. I will research though!

    Diana - Well we'll just be looking for you in March then! Hope Tucker is feeling better!

    Ang - Tell Jamie to get his act together!

    Gina - Girl you better come back! Though I don't do reminders!! Carrie might if she's trying to get more referral points though...she's good like that.

     
  • At 7:30 PM, February 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Susie, you may be entirely correct about Christine McVie singing lead on that one. All I can seem to remember clearly is Buckingham belting out the chorus in the live album. I await your research results!

     
  • At 8:29 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Susie said…

    BJ - I did some research and found this article and this interpretation. She both wrote the song (for her husband no less) and sang lead. But apparently she did shared lead vocals with Lindsay. To me that still means Ang was right. And me too. But yes you were right in that it wasn't just a female artist singing.

     
  • At 7:45 PM, February 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kudos to you, Susie, for your research. I also went home last night and dug out my Fleetwood Mac song, and there she was belting her tune out. To which I had to respond "Sing it, sister!"

    And sing it to you to, Susie! (And Ang too!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home