Wednesday, March 01, 2006

February Week 6/ March Week 1



Yeah so I screwed up with the dates and last week probably should have been it for February but I said there was one more week in last week's recap and so there is. Cause I said so.

SO to be fair - this week's points - and this week's points only - will carry over to your March total. So while it may feel like the end... it's really the beginning! *Cue the angels!*

If you are NEW - read the RULES. If you are old, follow the rules and wear glasses and take your meds ...cause you are old and all.

TIME LIMIT: YOU HAVE UNTIL TONIGHT AT 6PM ET TO ENTER YOUR COMMENT.

The Lyrics...
1. Look at him, walkin around grabbin his you-know-what, flippin the you-know-who

2. Hey kids, shake it loose together, the spotlight’s hitting something that’s been known to change the weather

3. And then stood there on those tremblin’ knees and waited for the worst

4. We live and learn from our mistakes… The deepest cuts are healed by faith

5. Her friends are so jealous ...You know how bad girls get

6. Before this river becomes an ocean… Before you throw my heart back on the floor

7. She does the car-pool, she PTAs… Doctors and dentists, she drives all day

8. Hey Andy, are you goofing on Elvis? Hey baby… are we losing touch?

9. Hello. Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone home?

10. And a trouble that can’t be named… A tiger’s waiting to be tamed

Bonus Op: I will give one extra point to YOU for every NEW player referral you bring to the game. In other words... if Ang gets Jamie to play, he comments and says Ang sent me! AND takes guesses.. Ang gets an extra point. New player means never played before. New players can also participate. So using this example...Jamie could then get Joe to play and Jamie would get an extra point. BUT THE NEW PLAYER HAS TO GUESS. No fly bys...So-And-So sent me.

Bonus Question: A performer of one of the above songs got his/her start in opera. Who is it? Two points to the first correct answer.

Results will be posted by Thursday morning. There will be much adulation for the February Rock Star.

GOOD LUCK! Liam throws some shamrocks and love at ALL of you.

All new players get the obligatory "No really we are glad you played" 3 pts. Everyone gets one pt for making a guess.

And finally, a Liam picture because this blog is after all ALL ABOUT HIM.
And today he is 18 months old.


Liam can't bear to watch the trainwreck about to occur! Will Jody massacre another artists name? Will Carrie refer MORE people like her own version of Ellis Island? Will Ang come from behind for the win? Will BJ contradict the Lyric Wizard of Oz again? So many questions...

9 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM, March 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok, let's see how badly i can butcher....
    5. don't stand (so close to me) by the police

    7. he thinks he'll keep her by mary chapin carpenter

    8. man on the moon by rem

     
  • At 9:58 AM, March 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    3. Is Father's Love by George Strait
    6. Faith by George Michael

     
  • At 10:03 AM, March 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, I know only the ones that have already been guessed.

    #5 Police, Don't stand so close to me.

    #8 REM Man in the Moon

    #9 Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb

    I know that I know # 10, but just can't pull out of the fog of Mommy brain! Arghhhh!

     
  • At 11:31 AM, March 01, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    3) "Love Without End, Amen" George Strait
    7) "He Thinks He'll Keep Her" Mary Chapin Carpenter
    9) "Comfortably Numb" Pink Floyd

     
  • At 11:41 AM, March 01, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    oooh oooh!

    I never thought having the Elton John huge compilation would come in handy...

    but

    #2 - Elton John's Benny and the Jets


    that's all I know that hasn't been guessed so far.

     
  • At 12:09 PM, March 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man, I'm gonna have to do this as soon as I hit the office because many an excellent song has already been identified by many an excellent guesser. I'm oh-so-fortunate that the many that I DON'T know are also among those already hit. But here are my guesses for the two that are left:

    #4 - All Fired Up by yet another excellent Rocker Chick Pat Benatar
    # 10 - I think the song's name is "Clocks", but it's definitely by Coldplay

    Bonus question (and actually Angela already covered this even if she wasn't sure which song was Pat's) - Pat Benatar started in Opera, right?

    Happy Wednesday people!

     
  • At 1:58 PM, March 01, 2006, Blogger Shannon Nelson said…

    Aww, Liam is not that much younger than my Jellybean. My babe will be 20 months on March 10th. :)

     
  • At 2:14 PM, March 01, 2006, Blogger Claire said…

    5) Don't stand so close to me -- the police

    6) faith -- george michael

    7) man on the moon -- rem

    that's all i got. do i get bonus pts for doing this with a sleeping goo-ball on my shoulder?

     
  • At 3:55 PM, March 01, 2006, Blogger mamashine said…

    I keep forgetting to come play the game early! Yet again, all the ones I know have been named.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home