Sunday, February 26, 2006

I Didn't Play Piccolo in a Clown Car

I was going to post something witty but I'm shocked and immobilized by the freak show also known as the Closing Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics.

A marching band was marching around - as they oft do - and my husand - per usual - took the moment to lovingly mock my past life as high school band nerd.

We were discussing the size of my plume (personal question, really, please forgive if I don't get into it here) and if I got to keep it (it was returned, sadly, but only after the bright orange son-of-a-bitch ran all over my white topped hat and white gloves when we got caught in rain storm. The Band Major yelled "Take off your plumes!" ...but was too late. BASTARD!)

Any way, I looked back down again at the laptop monitor and he said "Or was your band more like this..."

I looked up to see about 100 clowns in band gear prancing into the stadium.

There's a lot of love here, people. You just can't buy moments like these.

Ok, must go as, reported by Dan, 1,000 Amerlia Earharts are doing "YMCA."

Scary part... it's true.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:35 PM, February 26, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    dude.. I'm SO glad that shit is over. I really miss the Office!!

    la la la la not commenting about the band geek stuff....


    BUT!!!!!!! I have a question. if points start from scratch in March in the name that tune game.. does that mean I'm the winner for February??? (feb ends on Tuesday???)


    I mean.... not to call out on a technicality, but why not??? I'm a competitive bitch like that!

     
  • At 1:27 AM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Book Bums said…

    Both my husband and I were baffled for most of the Closing Ceremony...

     
  • At 10:30 AM, February 27, 2006, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    I thought the term was Band Geek.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I too, was a band geek. All too familiar with the plumes...and yes, even I was baffled by the closing ceremonies. I must say, the Winter Olympics SUCK! Why can't we just have the Summer Olympics every two years? Torino, Turin? WTF?! Glad it's all over.

     
  • At 1:06 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Susie said…

    Bill - Yes Band Geek, Band Nerd, Band derogatory term towards gay people beginning with an 'F'.

    Diana - Thank GOD another geek posted. Cause I was getting that feeling like I went to high school in my underwear after revealing the band geekiness.

    Carrie - I realized my mistake too late regardingthe last day of Feb. So we will do one more week because I said we would. Bring your bitches for some extra points.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    I was a first chair clarinet too, for my last two years! And I was the evil section leader of the clarinet section during marching band. Apparently our band director didn't get the memo about how it wasn't a good idea to put me in a position of authority. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home