Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Hi? Yeah... I'm the Asshole...

...who tried to pass a Euro off at Starbucks as a $1 coin.

See when I go to the postage machine at the mall, if my change includes more than $1, it spits out a $1 coin. Why don't I go to the post office? Hm cause bringing Liam to the post office is about as much fun as a bikini wax.

::tangent:: And why is there always only ONE person working the desk at the post office? No matter what time of day there is always a line of EXTREMELY irritated or SLIGHTLY comatose people. And they don't like children. NONE OF THEM. It's like a line of kid-haters. And currently Liam likes, well, almost everyone... so you can imagine the tension!
::/tangent::

So I thought what I had in my pocket was a $1 coin, until the drive thru lady held it up like I was trying to rob the joint and said "That's a Euro."

I'm all "uh...oh...hold on a sec...ha ha...oops!" and she's all *long suffering sigh*.

Yes that's my mocha, thank you, have a nice day, next!

PS Be sure to sign up to play Carrie's GAME! You have til 7am tomorrow morning to get your Cze-Bingo card! It looks like it's going to be so much FUN!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    Okay. I will be out again tomorrow So I am putting in my guesses now. Wait is the game over. Oh well I will guess anyway. I should get double points if I guessed any of them.
    Ben Folds- Luckiest
    John Mellencamp-Jack and Diane
    Counting Crows- Around here.
    Dora the explorer- We did it.
    Saturday night- Bay city rollers
    Little Country/Little RockNroll- Donnie and Marie
    Ben- Jackson 5
    Levon- Elton John.
    Ecstasy- Sarah Mcglaughlin.

     
  • At 9:14 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Susan said…

    I go to the postage machine at the WalMart (I KNOW! Can you believe it???) and I always wind up with many many Sacagawea dollars, which the baristas at the bookstore coffee bar often don't recognize as US currency. So there I am, desperate for the coffee, and the girl is all, 'Uh, I don't know what that is,' and I'm all, 'It's a dollar!' and she's all, 'Really? Who's that on it?' and I'm all, 'SACAGAWEA! She led Lewis and Clark to the . . . oh, never mind.'

    Phew. I blame the surly post office workers.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, March 01, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    since I've been a bitch about the contest so far... why stop now??


    william didn't put #'s on his guesses... but I agree he should definitely get one point for trying to show up! :)

     
  • At 4:22 PM, March 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why the line is full of kid-haters:
    because, like you, the kids hate the post office. They can't touch anything, there is nothing interesting to look at, and they have to wait in an endless line. in fact, this is why YOU hate the post office. What you don't do, though, is twirl, kick your feet against hollow cabinetry, run from one end of the counter to the other, ask "is this gum?" (or something equally unanswerable, sit on the counter, or drop to the floor in a heap and scream.
    We all would if we could. We don't hate those kids. We are jealous of them.

     
  • At 6:39 AM, May 02, 2018, Blogger Sam said…

    Fashion with proper beauty looks amazing man. Love to see this stuff. Thanks for sharing it.
    Bingo Pets NZ

     

Post a Comment

<< Home