Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Stuff

One of the funnier stand up routines I've seen was a George Carlin rant about "Stuff." Basically, he says that we all have "stuff." We need places to put our stuff. Then we need bigger places because we accumulate more stuff.

We here in the House that Stuff Built.... we have got a Shitload of Stuff.

We have so much Stuff that the idea of organizing it makes me feel weak. And I get confused if it's weak from being overwhelmed or weak with hunger . So I usually go have a snack and forget about organizing Stuff.

I've got Stuff from when I was young still cluttering up my parents attic. My mum wants me to get that Stuff and bring it here and store it with the rest of my Stuff. But that stuff is Old Stuff and I don't really want Old Stuff. I mean, if I'm not thinking, remembering or needing the Old Stuff, then why add to the Current Stuff I have? Then again, my parents have their own Stuff and don't need or have any attachment to my Old Stuff either. I guess the Old Stuff should be tossed with the Trash Stuff.

My husband came home one day from visiting his parents with a truckload of HIS Old Stuff. His mother sent it home with him and he took it. Thank you, Mary. We do not need his Old Stuff either. This stuff is still in the Rubbermaid containers (speaking of which - Rubbermaid has made a fortune from containing Stuff). It has moved from one side of the cellar to the other. It will probably join us at our next house. Old Stuff sucks! Too much nostalgia is tied to Old Stuff making it hard to put with the Trash Stuff.

This weekend at my in-laws, my mother-in-law once again slyly got us into taking some Old Stuff home. It was a small amount of stuff. Not enough to require a precious Rubbermaid container so it didn't draw any suspicion at first. I went to put Food Stuff in the car today and saw the Old Stuff on the floor of the car. DAMN IT. More Stuff.

Liam has Stuff. Baby Stuff. Talk about a goldmine. Make and sell some baby-related item and become the George Foreman of Baby Stuff. The Baby Stuff is everywhere. It costs so much you can't get rid of the Big Baby Stuff. And the Small Baby Stuff somehow finds the arch of your foot when you walk across the floor.

There is another kind of Baby Stuff too. I noticed this Stuff after Liam's afternoon nap. Seems he was storing some Babyfood Stuff behind his right ear. Guess he's waiting until it becomes Old Stuff so he can drop that Stuff off with his dad, too.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, June 22, 2005, Blogger Jewl said…

    I can totally relate, although since we move every couple of years we can actually go through our stuff and get rid of allot of it! One plus about moving so much! Speaking of Baby stuff, Good Lord, How is it that one person requires so much, it is insane! Thanks for making laugh this morning Susie, it is a good way to start the day!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, June 22, 2005, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    Have a Stuff Sale. Sell some of your Stuff. Make some money. Buy more Stuff.

     
  • At 4:40 PM, June 22, 2005, Blogger Melissa said…

    You literally wrote about the type of thing that is driving me insane right now! It's scary, but true. I am in the process of putting Stuff I don't need into a corner to sell in a Stuff Sale. Maybe you should too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home