Monday, July 25, 2005

You are my obsession

I haven't felt like a chatty blogger lately. Since after my birthday (Thanks for all the wishes and the lovely comments/compliments! You complete me! Pass the vitamins!).

So why, do you ask? Why aren't you chatty, Suz?

Well because I'm mentally obsessing over my wisdom teeth extraction tomorrow at 9AM. Thinking about it takes my breath away. I've been looking stuff up on the internet and found out all the horrible things that can go wrong. Permanent facial numbness, dry sockets, perforating a sinus wall. The internet is just FUUUUUULL of information, inn't it? Knowledge is power. Knowledge can also keep you awake at night.

Last night I averaged 3 hours of sleep due to my mind spinning in circles with the what ifs and how bads?

However Dan promises to still love me if my lips become permanently numb and my food just falls out of my mouth while I'm eating. He just won't take me anywhere.

I'm good at obsessing. You might look at me and think I have it together. I'm getting it done. I'm focused. But 9 out of 10 times I'm obsessing about something. Maybe it's about getting 4 molars ripped out of my gums. Maybe it's about something somebody said to me. Maybe it's about these last ten pounds of baby weight.

You can say, God, Susie, pull it together, girl. But c'mon. You obsess too. Maybe you are obsessed with your blog traffic numbers or a Playstation game. Maybe you fixate on everything your mother says or your bank account. But everyone walks around, looking like all is right with the world... while little time bombs tick away in their heads.

My time bomb is set for 9AM tomorrow. God help my oral surgeon.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home