Monday, September 19, 2005

The girls are back!

Well almost... I'd say in a week or two they will be back.

No I'm not talking about the dogs.

My boobs! Yes, boobs! Liam had his last nursing Saturday night. While it was a little sad, it was also sort of like some invisible shackles have been removed. I'm free! I'm free! So are the boobs! Eventually they will be back to normal.

Or less than normal. Imagine if you will, a balloon being inflated and deflated several times a day for almost a year. Oh what a sad, sad balloon. But the comparison must stop there. These boobs no longer resemble anything remotely perky and round.

When you were little, did you ever play a game called Toss-a-Cross? It involved a tic-tac-toe board that was raised off the floor and there were little sand/bean bags you threw to turn over certain tiles. Those little sand bags. Yeeeeah.

And yes, I did say little.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM, September 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Join the club!

    I want to know what happens after 2 or 3 kids? Tell me they can't get saggier and droopier than this? NOOOOO!!!

    Seriously though, I'm glad it's gone so smoothly for you.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, September 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you Suz. I am glad it went well.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, September 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sus- Remember when you just wanted to get to six months? And you made it a whole year! Good for you and congrats on your freedom! And how deflated are we talking? I am a bit worried...

     
  • At 7:12 PM, September 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Were they nice to begin with?

     
  • At 12:14 PM, September 20, 2005, Blogger Claire said…

    Congrats! Now is the time for the ex-nursing mommy to have an enormous margarita.

    Oh yes, the deflating. I didn't think my boobies could get any smaller than they were pre-Isaac, but somehow they found a way. Punks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home