Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hey You, Name that Tune!

I've mentioned before my attempts to musically educate my child. So while I have been listening to all sorts of music I've gotten to thinking about all the lyrics to songs that I know. Honestly - it's mind boggling that I know the lyrics to every song on Springsteen's Born in the USA album but I can't name half the Presidents. I'm sure it's the same with most people.

So I thought I'd try a weekly game where I put some lyrics to some songs and you try to guess them. Some will be real easy - others will be harder. Whoever guesses the most right over the course of the next month (We'll go to the end of February for starters) wins a prize. First come, first right gets the points! And here we go! READ THE RULES BEFORE YOU PLAY

Oh by the way - try to be honest and don't Google the lyric line I posted, ok? I mean the prize won't be THAT great to cause cheating.

Rules:
Like I said above First come, first right gets the points! . That means only one person gets the points for getting the song/artist right. Whomever guesses the correct answer first!
You have til the Thursday night 9pm ET following the initial post to take guesses.
You only get one comment/guess per game. So no guessing one then coming back and guessing on the rest. One shot to get them right.
You can guess on all or one. You get a point for each one you get right - IF you were the first commenter to get it correct.
You have to guess both the song title AND the performer. If you guess only one or the other you get no points, even if it's right. AND you give another player a chance to get it right!


This Weeks' Lyrics:
1. But I won't heed the battle call.... It puts my back up, puts my back up against the wall.

2. Sweet Loretta Martin thought she was a woman... But she was another man

3. Fruit salad, yummy, yummy... Fruit salad, yummy, yummy... Fruit salad, yummy, yummy... Yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy fruit salad

4. Tumbled out of bed and stumbled in the kitchen, Poured my self a cup of ambition, Yawning stretching trying to come to life

5. You can hide `neath your covers... And study your pain... Make crosses from your lovers....Throw roses in the rain..

That's it this week - Good luck! I'll post points on Thursday night.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM, January 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Only can name both artist and song for # 2, Get Back- The Beatles.
    Still fun though!

     
  • At 9:51 PM, January 25, 2006, Blogger Maria's Space said…

    1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    2. Get Back
    3. Fruit Salad - BY THE WIGGLES
    4. 9-5
    5. Thunder Road

    Thanks I love this kind of stuff!

     
  • At 10:09 PM, January 25, 2006, Blogger Claire said…

    1) Sunday Bloody Sunday -- U2
    2) Get Back -- The Beatles
    3) Fruit Salad -- The Wiggles
    4) 9 to 5 -- Dolly Parton
    5) Ummmmm ummm ummm...got me, man.

    But I agree, that was fun.

     
  • At 10:27 PM, January 25, 2006, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    I only recognized 9 to 5.

    Also I want to apologize for asking Santa for a gift for you that is not appropriate for a woman.

    I will ask him for something else but I have to think about it.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, January 26, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    here's further proof of how damn sick I was yesterday.


    the only two songs I recognized are #2 (get back, by the Beatles)

    and #3... Fruit Salad, by the Wiggles.


    I need advanced warning next time there's a contest, so I can pull my head out of the crapper and get in early, dude!!!

    fun times, though!

     
  • At 9:44 AM, January 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fruit Salad by The Wiggles?? WHAT?!?

    I only knew the first one. And now the song is stuck in my head.

    I obviously need some musical culture.

     
  • At 4:39 PM, January 26, 2006, Blogger Maria's Space said…

    Oh...number 5...Bruce!!!
    Ex-Jersey Girl here! Love the Boss.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home