Sunday, January 22, 2006

Good News, Lose the Bangs, and How Do You Feel About Infidelity

Well today I got a call with some good news from a dear friend and it has, in fact, renewed me. Sometimes it just takes something like that - to feel really happy for someone else. I'm not going to get into details of the story they shared... and maybe isn't always the story but the fact that sometimes feeling something strongly for someone else can drive you right out of your own bunnyhole, so to speak. Ok the story is pretty damn good too so maybe it is the story but I'll get to that in another post.

It's no secret that I've been feeling a bit of the Blahs. Getting a bit too mired in the day-to-day minutia and feeling tired all the time.

But today I feel good. And like somebody I like pinched me. Actually the feel good started yesterday. I got my haircut. The stylist has finally talked me into growing out my bangs. I knew it was time. Our conversation went something like this.

"Have you thought about growing out your bangs?"

"Yeah I know I should - they are totally not in style. I'm just not good about my hair being in my eyes and face. I'm not sure I'll suvive it. But really, I know they are just not IN now."

"Oh sure they are... lots of people still have bangs."

"Yeah, but there are people who still have mullets and Aquanet hair poufs too."

"That's true."

Losing the bangs in a big deal. I think I've had bangs of some sort since I was in 7th grade. See I have a small forehead and I'm sort of self-conscious about it. But she didn't think it was as FREAKISHLY SMALL as I seem to think it is and told me that the smallness would just help my bangs grow out all the quicker.

So people - join my "Free the bangs" ticket 2006.

I didn't have my usual hair stylist yesterday. She is on her maternity leave. She gave birth shortly after my previous appt so I will only miss one appointment with her, since she is only taking 8 weeks for maternity leave. She works part-time.

Here's the thing. The woman who did my color and cut yesterday, Wendy... she's Original Stylist's cousin - they work at the same salon. I liked Wendy's job BETTER! She was faster - only 1.5hrs... Original Stylist always takes AT LEAST 2 hours - she's a bit slow on the production end of things. And I liked the overall cut and style better! The only thing we did "different" was the style for the bangs.

So what do I do? Do I stay with Original Stylist? I'm not sure what to tell her to do different to make it more like what Wendy did. Or do I go to Wendy again? I already made an appt to go back to Original Stylist in 6 weeks. (Ugh she was booked at 5 weeks - my roots are going to be juuuuuust lovely.) I could probably figure out the days Wendy works and Original Stylist doesn't and maybe say I need to do those days?

Ugh it feels sooooo....illicit. Oh what a tangled web we weave....

3 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, January 22, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    I got good news today from a very dear friend as well!!!!!

    It's almost as if ... I dunno.... that my faith in the notion that good people should have good things happen to them has been restored, filled up with gas.. gotten a tune-up and wash... you name it. But after I cried and cried... no... WEEPED with happiness, I was overcome with a feeling of peace and calm.

    but before I become one of those commenters that posts a novella...

    I'm wondering if your 'draw' to Wendy is because she's prompting change in yourself? ESPECIALLY since the recent funk... ??? you know... sometimes it takes a fresh set of eyes to help you see yourself different, which is what you might have been needing?

    I'd say give ole faithful one more chance... but talk to her, and tell her you enjoyed the 'freshness' you felt with Wendy.

    good lord... I'm sounding like a douche commercial.... but you know what I mean...


    looking forward to seeing the new look......

     
  • At 4:09 PM, January 23, 2006, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    No one else asked? So I have to...Who Bangs better? Sure the new girl does but after a while the newness will wear off she will start wanting you to make a committment and then you will be torn. and then there is the comfort zone you feel with the old one. And you will apologize and there will be things thrown and tears and credit card receipts found where you went to the new one and......Custody battles...and...

     
  • At 12:09 AM, January 24, 2006, Blogger Claire said…

    I take Carrie's side. Give your old flame one more chance, and explain to her what Wendy did that you really liked. If OF is worth sticking around for, she can do the same stuff; maybe she just requires a little Wendy inspiration, too.

    Congrats on the great cut! Those can be sooooo hard to come by sometimes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home