Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Hey You, Name That Tune Wk 2

If you are just joining us, I'm running a spectacular little game of lyric recognition. I supply the lyrics, you supply the Song title and Performer.

To recap The Rules:
  • Be honest and don't Google the lyric line I posted, ok? I mean the prize won't be THAT stellar to warrant cheating.
  • First come, first correct answer, points earned! That means only one person gets the points for getting the song/artist right. Whomever guesses the correct answer first!You have til the Thursday night 6pm ET (following the new post) to take guesses.
  • You only get one comment/guess per game. So no guessing one then coming back and guessing on the rest. One shot to get them right.
  • You can guess on all or just one or two. You get a point for each one you get right - IF you were the first commenter to get it correct.
  • You have to guess both the Song title AND the Performer. If you guess only one or the other you get no points, even if it's right. AND you give another player a chance to get it right!
Ready, players?
1. ...I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich...

2. I'm 33 for a moment, Still the man but you see I'm a they, A kid on the way, A family on my mind...

3. Don't save a prayer for me now, Save it 'til the morning after... No, don't say a prayer for me now

4. I feel wonderful because I see the love light in your eyes... And the wonder of it all...Is that you just don't realize how much I love you.

5. ...ate a burrito with tobasco...they put it on their rice...they put it on their beans...on their rutabegas..and on their collard greens...

6. I didn't mean to miss your birthday, baby... I wish I'd seen you blow those candles out

7. 'Cause the players tried to take the field... and the marching band refused to yield

8. And the night got deathly quiet, and his face lost all expression...Said, "If you're gonna play the game, boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

9. When we said our first hello, little did we know...Love was just a glance away... a warm embrace and dance away

10. Out there in the spotlight your a million miles away, every ounce of energy, you try and give away... As the sweat pours out your body like the music that you play.

Ok that's pretty diverse AND some tough ones and not so tough... I mean it can't be too easy, right?

Ok note the time limit difference from the last game - this time you have until 6PM Thursday nite. Good luck! And please, no cheating! :-)

10 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, I'll play! #3 is Duran Duran, Save a Prayer, #7 is American Pie, Don McLean, #8 is Devil went down to Georgia, Charlie Daniels band, and #10, Metallica, Turn the page

    That's all I know for now!

    Love your blog girlie!

     
  • At 2:35 PM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    #2 is 100 years by Five for Fighting
    #5 is Laurie Berkner's Victor Vito
    #6 I'll be there for you by..? Firehouse? Crap
    So many of the others sound familiar.....I can't place them

     
  • At 2:41 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    SHIT!! I forgot today was wednesday!! damnit!




    1- Down Under by Men at Work

    2- 100 years - MAroon Five or Five for Fighting (something with five in the title... and I KNOW it ain't jackson 5!!)

    3- Save a Prayer - Duran Duran

    4- Wonderful Tonight - Eric CLapton




    8 - Devil went down to Georgia - Charlie Daniels Band
    (I was SO proud I knew that, too... figures diana would get it first... )

    9 - Strangers in the night - Frankie baby!!!! (sinatra, to be sure I get the points!!)


    hmmm... that's it for me this week.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you know I'm a Kansas girl, we know Devil went down to Georgia by the time we're 3!

     
  • At 3:08 PM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Texas too, Diana! But I didn't recognize that line for some reason. But I swear I know almost the entire song!

     
  • At 3:26 PM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry Gals...I think #8 is Kenny Rogers with The Gambler. It's the only one I know!

    TB

     
  • At 3:38 PM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yikes. All us southern girls put to shame by the Canadian. ;)

     
  • At 3:45 PM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We suck. We totally suck.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    I hang my new North Carolinian Hat to shame.


    shame shame shame.....

    oh wait a minute.. I'm from Jersey... so I'm still ok. NOw if I missed the Frank SINATRA song... there would be shame.

     
  • At 12:11 PM, February 02, 2006, Blogger Claire said…

    Doin' my best:

    1)Land Down Under -- Men At Work
    2)100 Years -- Five for Fighting
    3)ummmmmmm...
    4)Wonderful Tonight -- Eric Clapton
    5)ummmmmmm v 2.0....
    6)got nuthin'
    7)American Pie -- Don McLean
    8)don't think I know this one either
    9)or this one
    10)Turn the Page -- Bob Seger?

    Okay, that was super-sucky. But I tried.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home