Thursday, March 24, 2005

Misc.

I'm not posting much as my dear fabu Dell laptop got knocked off the coffee table by the dgos and is now featuring the blue screen of death. While I wait for Dan to fix it with his wonder powers, I'm freezing my tush off in Mantown (a.k.a. finished basement) using the desktop.

A couple of notes:

- Popped in a Baby Einstein DVD today for the first time. Baby Monet The Four Seasons or something like that. I watched it with Liam to make sure they didn't sneak in advertisements for stuff to BUY BUY BUY. Liam was ENTRALLED. He loved the little hand puppets the most. He made it through Spring and Summer. By Fall he was starting to make noises that sounded like he was channeling the High Poop Lord, but not coming up with anything so I shut it off.

- Tonight we did our daily bedtime ritual of nursing by nightlight and settling for the night. After he's done nursing, he likes the paci and a bit of rocking before he either gets sleepy or he starts to stretch and whine that he wants his bed. During the rocking I hold him close and, lately, he's been patting my face sweetly. Yeah. Tonight he reached up, gently touched my cheek, my lip, then hovered at my nose. To which he prompty squeezed. I distinctly heard him say HONK HONK behind his paci. Clown baby is in the house.

- Today he met my old boss for the first time. Shelly was in from California. She said, "Hello Liam!" and knelt by the stroller for some close up time. He turned on the charm and started smiling and cooing like a car salesman. While we were eating lunch in the cafe, she held him and he started grunting like he was making a big old mess. I know my child enough to know if he is actually pooping he is silent as Bob. But he loves to put on a show with the straining and the pushing. It's really quite hilarious. Unless you think you are getting shit on.

That is all for today. Seacrest out.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, March 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Suz, Garrett LOVES his Baby Mozart dvd. Not so sure about the Baby Bach (i think) language nursery one, it's not as good. I set it on continuous play, and he'll watch it 2 or 3 times before getting bored! :)

    Have a happy Easter! give Liam some lovin' for me!

     
  • At 1:22 PM, March 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Susie...I enjoy your blog so much! It always makes me either laugh out loud, or tear up.
    Keep 'em comin'! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home