Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Comfortably Numb

Well I am still alive. I made it.

The procedure took 30 minutes. He had one tooth out before I realized it. The surgeon was a really nice Irish guy. He loved our family names and especially loved Liam's name. He told me about going to Ireland and people he met. All while wrenching my third molars out of my mouth.

I'm numb from my forehead to my sternum. I look like a stroke victim (no offense to stroke victims everwhere). I have ice packs on each cheek. I can't talk and I sound like Mayor Menino.

I'm a bit worried about the rest of my recovery. Mostly fearing a dreaded DRY SOCKET. But otherwise I'll be here resting. Icing. Popping Advil like candy. (Not really Beth, just 6 a day!)

I'm sure I'll have more to say later. When I'm not drooling so much. I hope. Yeah.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, July 26, 2005, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    I am glad that the extractions went smoothly. Dry socket is a very painful problem. They say one way to prevent it is by not sucking. Do not use straws. Do not smoke. Try to breathe through your nose. Just don't suck anything. Sorry it sounds dirty.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, July 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So you survived?! I knew you would make it out alive. Take it easy today and keep that Advil close at hand. I'll be thinking of you.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, July 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You made it! I'm so proud!!
    Hoping for a speedy recovery for you...

     
  • At 4:18 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Susie said…

    William - Talk dirty to me. Me and my puffy cheeks love it. Oooh that sounded dirty.

    Katy - The I have a special pocket in my shirt for Advil the way smokers wear pocket tees to carry their cigs.

    Kelli - Thanks! I'm hoping for that too. I still hve birthday cookie left to eat. Maybe I should freeze it?!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Melissa said…

    Advil? Get some good pain meds...you deserve them!

     
  • At 4:47 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Susie said…

    Thanks Maria!

    Melissa - The teeth weren't that hard to get out (not impacted) so it wasn't a big deal. Advil is actually working ok.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, July 27, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    hooray for being done with it!!!


    hope each day gets better!

    XXOO

     

Post a Comment

<< Home