Monday, February 06, 2006

Chariots of Fire

Dan took today off for Super Bowl clean up and recuperation. So I suggested, because he was so busy most of the weekend preparing, that we maybe go to an indoor playground or the like with Liam to make up for all the mind-numbing television we had on to amuse him while I cleaned bathrooms and Dan decided it was a good time to hang leftover drywall in the basement (!? I love you, honey!)

Dan thought that although that sounded great, we probably should do something more timely in regards to prepping the house for sale. We had decided we wanted to update a couple of light fixtures and paint in efforts to make the house sell quicker.

So first we took Liam to On the Border where he had one of his favorite meals of a cheese quesadilla with a side of diced tomatoes and avacado. Afterwards we headed to the store where men are men and the women are more efficient shoppers... Lowes!

We got two feet in the store and Dan put Liam down and proceeded to follow (run) after him through out the store for 45 minutes. I followed them with the shopping cart and in the first 5 minutes Liam headed straight for the John Deere and Troy-Bilt tractors. He thought they were the coolest thing like EVER. Daddy even put him on one for a while. When he got back to the floor he started running again so Dan just told me to go pick out my paint and he'd meet me there.

When they finally met me, Liam was still running (Run, Forrest, ruuuhhhn) he was sweating! I told Dan that maybe perhaps taking the fleece coat off him might be a good idea. Then they were off again.

Liam ran and ran and ran. Dan said later people smiled at him and commented at how cute he was then usually said "He really likes to run, huh?"

He likes to run, yes.

When we met again in the lighting section, Dan was a bit winded (haha) and put Liam in the cart where I handed him a much needed beverage. The boy was THIRSTY.

I had to sing songs and talk to him on the ride home so he wouldn't fall asleep. Then it was nap time for Liam. YA. Hoo!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, February 07, 2006, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    Lowes can be scary with a kid running thru it.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, February 07, 2006, Blogger Odd Mix said…

    Lowes and Home Depot. I think they are two color morphs of the same store. They are great - the only stores I know of with traffic patterns, kids running free, and dogs on leashes.

    My daughter hates them, though - she won't go willingly into the wide aisles because she is afraid of being run over by a "beeping truck" (aka forklift).

     
  • At 12:14 PM, February 07, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    I heart lowes!!!!

    lowes is the only other store besides a food store that I really like to go up and down every aisle.


    LOVE IT!

    so what page of the PB catalogue are you going to do? *snicker*

    just kidding... sell that house!!! move to NC!!! whe-hooooo!

     
  • At 8:26 PM, February 07, 2006, Blogger Jewl said…

    Glad I am not the only one! It's a good work out having a kid!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home