Friday, February 03, 2006

Rock on! Follow up to Name that Tune

Sorry this is belated - I swear I had my act together and wrote out a big blog post last night with answers and all that jazz but Blogger shit the bed on me and lost my post and I just wasn't feeling it to do it all again.

So that bring me to this morning when Liam woke crying at 6:30am. I brought him back to bed with me - I've never done that before (at least not since he'd been an infant). He snuggled in to my neck and slept another half hour - I on the other hand of course, did not. I had an itch here, a loss of blood circulation there, the need to stroke the downy soft hair on his sweet little head which smelled like Johnson's baby shampoo from his bath last night. How I didn't immediately call Dan to order him home to make more babies is beyond me.

So anyway... here I am... and you want answers. You want answers? I want the truth. The truth. You can't handle the TRUTH! Ah sorry - movie lines are for the next months game.

Answers & Point Takers....
1. ...I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich...
Down Under - Men at Work; points to Johnny Mac!

2. I'm 33 for a moment, Still the man but you see I'm a they, A kid on the way, A family on my mind...
100 Years - Five for Fighting; points to Kelli!

3. Don't save a prayer for me now, Save it 'til the morning after... No, don't say a prayer for me now
Save a Prayer - Duran Duran: points to Diana!

4. I feel wonderful because I see the love light in your eyes... And the wonder of it all...Is that you just don't realize how much I love you.
Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton; points to Johnny Mac!

5. ...ate a burrito with tobasco...they put it on their rice...they put it on their beans...on their rutabegas..and on their collard greens...
Victor Vito - Laurie Berkner; points to Kelli! (but Johnny Mac, I'd love it if Beastie Boys started signing on Noggin!)

6. I didn't mean to miss your birthday, baby... I wish I'd seen you blow those candles out
No one got this one! I'm OUTRAGED! not really. Kelli almost got it! so close!
I'll Be There For You - Bon Jovi; NO POINTS!

7. 'Cause the players tried to take the field... and the marching band refused to yield
American Pie - Don McLean; points to Diana!

8. And the night got deathly quiet, and his face lost all expression...Said, "If you're gonna play the game, boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."
The Gambler - Kenny Rogers; points to Toronto Erin! (I loved all the southern girls going back and forth about this only to get stumped by the girl from Canada! How aboot that, eh?)

9. When we said our first hello, little did we know...Love was just a glance away... a warm embrace and dance away
Strangers in the Night - Frank Sinatra; points to Carrie!

10. Out there in the spotlight your a million miles away, every ounce of energy, you try and give away... As the sweat pours out your body like the music that you play.
Turn the Page - Bob Seger; points to Claire - late in the game but a winner none the less!

And the Standings... (first time guessers get obligatory 3 points to make them not look so loserish)
Ang - 6 pts
Diana - 5 pts
Johnny Mac - 5 pts
Kelli - 5 pts
onangelwings - 5 pts
Carrie - 4 pts
Claire - 4 pts
Toronto Erin - 4pts
William - 3pts

Commentary...
Ang is SO lucky she got 3 last week! She is still in the lead! Welcome to the game Diana, Johnny Mac, and Toronto Erin. Carrie needs to get her groove on, come on, girl!Claire, I'm so impressed you got Bob Seger! Kelli moved up this week! She could be a contender! Bridget, William and onangelwings were no shows this week.. though Bridget just celebrated her daughter's first birthday (Happy Birthday, Riley!) so she is excused.

Tune in next Wednesday for Week 3!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, February 03, 2006, Blogger Susie said…

    Yes Ang - Go home and listen to satellite classic rock and meet me back here next week with your game face on!

     
  • At 11:17 PM, February 03, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    dude... I need a wake-up call next week.


    2 weeks in a row I've missed the boat.

    must be all the bon bons?

     
  • At 3:24 PM, February 04, 2006, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    Okay. I am mad because I would have known a few of them and I was out of town. I plan on making a huge comback.

     
  • At 11:31 PM, February 04, 2006, Blogger Claire said…

    Yeah...I forgot what day o' the week it was. I'll have to remember to check in muuuuch earlier next week. Maybe then I'll rack up some serious points, baby.

    AHHEEEEMMMbobsegersucksAHEM.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home