Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Conjunction junction, what's your function?

Conjunctivitis. Is there really anything like it?

Waking up with my glued shut. Changing my pillowcase every morning.

Burning every facecloth in the house after use.

And let us not leave out the obsessive-compulsive handwashing. I'm a pretty compulsive hand washer anyway since I've had Liam - but now I pretty much wash my hands anywhere from 50-100x a day. I'm not exaggerating. It's not worth it to use hand lotion because I end up washing it off after 5 minutes.

Yes, I have an eye infection in my left eye. It's nasty. The best part was when my eye doctor said it was bacterial and I could have picked it up anywhere, like a diaper. So now I keep thinking that I somehow got baby shit in my eye. And you know what? It's possible!

So far Liam doesn't have it. I'm trying to keep it that way. See the mention of OCD handwashing above.

The eye drops were $45 after my insurance co-pay. HELLO?! Blue Cross Blue Shield apparently doesn't want doctor's prescribing that brand. And the size of the bottle is, I kid you not, the size of a nickle.

Anyway, we are here trying to stay/get healthy. Pass the vitamin C.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:32 PM, May 11, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sue, You had me rolling on the floor with this line:
    "So now I keep thinking that I somehow got baby shit in my eye."
    I hope you feel better. Hope it does not affect your depth perception. We cannot have you walking into walls!
    -Jeff

     
  • At 8:58 PM, May 11, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    You know it's all a plot to get you to take back everything you said about Clorox....


    You better shut your blinds, Susie.... I think 'ole man-hands and his commercial gangstas are conspiring against you.....


    feel better!!!! XXOO

     
  • At 6:37 PM, May 12, 2005, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    Shit in your eye. That's funny.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home