Thursday, December 08, 2005

Feeling like a Monday but Someday I'll be Saturday Night

So yeah. Here I am typing away. Working. Worky work work. This stuff isn't happening people! It's not fun. Did I think technical documentation was fun? Hm. Maybe I was drunk. Wait a minute! My boss took me out twice and cockails were encouraged. DAMN IT. She got me.

My work brings to mind a song with the line, "My life's a bargain basement; all the good shit's gone." I just can't conjure any excitement here. Even the money... blaaaaah.

But in a more interesting light, it looks as though we are expecting a snow dump here in Massachusetts tomorrow. SNOW DAY! Liam has not had much exposure to the white stuff and I'm looking forward to wrestling him into a pair of snow boots, bundling him up so his arms stick straight out and all you can see is his eyes and nose. Oh and then we'll go outside.

Any bets as to how long the mittens last? How about total time spent outside before he cries?

Sadly, it appears that the weather will put a damper on the holiday razzle dazzle that is Dan's holiday party. Unfortunately that means I have to forgo the beef tenderloin and open bar. On the plus side once Liam is in bed, I can go straight to my work, just like the right jolly old elf and the stockings,* and wrap up these PowerPoint slides I'm creating for a web class. Speaking of dazzle - I'm dazzling you with my work talk, aren't I? Aren't I!? Yeah well I'm not done yet. Wait til I start working with some templated Word files that are about as easy to manage as getting Liam's extra wide foot into his regular sized snow boot. He likes them! Really! They light up when he walks. Until he falls over from lack of circulation. Like an impression of my mother-in-law's cairn terrier, Brandy, who keels over when her paws get too cold.

Ah thank God the snow will be cleared before Saturday. When I go to that place and do that thing. Rock on! Oops.

*Now that I think of it, minus the stump of the pipe in my teeth - not a smoker. And as far as the round little belly and shaking like jelly... weeeeeell, let's just leave that one alone, shall we? Yes, we shall.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:09 PM, December 08, 2005, Blogger Claire said…

    Work, bah! Why do you task yourself with such money-gathering techniques when you can be stuffing your child into fifty gazillion layers so he can spend 15 minutes outside while you convince him that the snow is not, in fact, yucky?

    I was, at first, like you regarding the introduction of child and snow, thinking "erm, is all this really worth it for the two frozen tushies few crappy pictures I might get?" This thought lasted a mere second as I realized that encouraging unabashed snow-frolicking is my DUTY as a mommy, similarly to scraping half-digested blueberries from his precious butt. You have an OBLIGATION.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, December 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am sorry you have to miss Dan's party! I know you wanted to get dressed up. Oh, and drunk.
    But hopefully everything will be cleared up by Saturday for your THING.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, December 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think he'll have fun in the snow - mittins won't last more than 2 minutes. Good luck with your work and powerpoint projects - I love those things :)HA!

     
  • At 12:08 PM, December 11, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    waiting to hear the re-cap, LOVAH.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home