Sunday, December 11, 2005

In and Out of Love (or Lay Your Hands On Me [please?])

Before I start - the parents and the inlaws may want to skip this entry. Lots of inappropriate comments from married mother of 1)

Last night I was blissed out. BLISSED OUT PEOPLE! And very little alcohol was involved.

Last night I saw one of the few men in my life that I have known since what I figure MUST be about 1985. My brother Gerry pretty much handed him over to me because once I looked at the cover of the 7800 Fahreheit album I was done.
















Our love affair, Jon's and mine, has run hot and cold over the years. However when we see each other - it's magic baby. Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuure magic.
















Last night no different. The seats Karen and I scored - which in turn were my husband's handiwork - were REAL good. This picture above does not do it justice. Like... I could see the sweat, ladies. Lovely yummy Bon Jovi sweat.

My true love really bloomed in the late 80s... when of course ALL the girls discovered him as well... but I knew he only had songs for me. After all, I spent lots of time staring out my window in my room. daydreaming, listening to them over and over and over. Wondering when he'd show up to spring me from this joint. My brother took me to see him in concert twice that year - in the winter and in the summer. Every song he sang was directed to me and I was sure he spotted me over and over again out of the 40 billion people in the audience.

I had a black nylon flag with his face silkscreened on it in white hanging above my bed on my ceiling. Posters covered my walls. My jean jacket flaired with pins. MY notebooks were covered with the words "BON JOVI" and all kinds of cursive and arty lettering.

Last night I KNEW he saw me and smiled, "There she is again," Jon thinks. "My girl." So he's married and has four kids?!? Yeah so? We had to go on with our lives because our schedules just never matched up. But we'll always have "Always."

At one point int the concert. Jon appeared, I kid you NOT - 6 DEGREES OF BODIES SEPARATING US. They had a platform set up at the end of the row behind us. He popped up there and sang "Blaze of Glory" and of course "Always," ... for me. I SAW CHEST HAIR he was so close. CHEST HAIR. JON BON JOVI CHEST HAIR. AND THE SWEAT, OH MY GOD THE LICKABLE SWEAT. So in between screaming like a school girl, I tried to take pictures with my camera phone and I was a little shaky as you can see.
















So, for all these photos show, it could be ANYONE standing there. But trust me. It was him. Jon. Bon. Jovi. MEEEE-OWWWW.
















We were sitting next to several older couples, and by older I just mean older than me which is AWESOME - they were probably in their 40s. But lately when I go to concerts I feel ancient so it was great to see so many older people. Anyway, they let me and my friend Karen scoot down past them to get closer to Jon and I about LOST my every loving mind. I couldn't hardly work the camera.

Today it seems like a dream. A lovely PHENOMENAL dream in which I have them man with the best teeth outta New Jersey singing "I'd Die for You." Over and over. And over.
















I heart Jon. True love 4-eva.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, December 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no. 1 - THANK YOU for reminding me of the silk-screen flags. You are so boss.

    no. 2 - my mother took us to see Elvis when she was about our age. I am so glad she did not have a blog. I am sure if it weren't for having 2 little kids with her... she totally would have scored.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, December 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SO glad you had fun Suz!!

     
  • At 11:18 AM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    once again... Troy and I thank you!!!!


    CLASSIC!

     
  • At 10:58 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Claire said…

    Yeah, I have to admit ... against my better judgement ... that he is pretty cute. For a Jersey guy.

    Sounds like you had a blast. Gawd, I can't remember the last time I went to a concert.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home