Wednesday, February 08, 2006

HEY YOU! Name that Tune Week 3

Last weeks game was great! The heat! Fury! Indignation! I LOVE it!

As a reminder... the Standings...
Ang - 6 pts (Somebody stop her!)
Diana - 5 pts (She knows country!)
Johnny Mac - 5 pts (Beastie Boys sing with Elmo!)
Kelli - 5 pts (She could take it all!)
onangelwings - 5 pts (She knows hair bands and The Wiggles)
Carrie - 4 pts (She keeps saying she "forgets" when the contest is)
Claire - 4 pts (She thinks Bob Seger sucks! and likes pop rocks and Coke!))
Toronto Erin - 4pts (Sneaky little Canadien!)
William - 3pts (He woulda whooped ass last week but he had a hall pass or business trip or...)
Bridget - 3pts (She lives FAR away from me.)
Maria - 3pts (She's pregnant, in nursing school and has two daughters. Back OFF.)

Hope we get some new players this week!!!

The Rules!
Exception to the Rules: The contest keeps getting shorter! Haha! I'm evil! This week you have until 9pm TONIGHT. Ya, huh! Tonight 9pm - game OVER.

The Lyrics...
1. A little more bite and a little less bark; A little less fight and a little more spark

2. Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone; I hear you call my name; And it feels like home

3. Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you’ll marry a music man; Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand

4. You’re playing so cool, obeying every rule; Dig way down in your heart, You’re yearning, burning for some

5. And now... I’m glad I didn’t know... The way it all would end, the way it all would go.

6. It’s obvious you hate me though I’ve done nothing wrong; I’ve never even met you so what could I have done

7. And I’m a bad boy cause I don’t even miss her, I’m a bad boy for breakin’ her heart

8. You nodded off in my arms watching TV, I won't move you an inch even though my arm's asleep

9. And in the master’s chambers, they gathered for the feast; They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can’t kill the beast

10. I’ve had my share of sand kicked in my face -but I’ve come through...

Allllllrighty then...game on! See you tonight for the results show!

(Oh and if you have an extra sec vote for a pic of the boy below. Thanks much!)

12 Comments:

  • At 9:26 AM, February 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, I'll play...

    #1 Little Less - Elvis

    #2 Like a Prayer - Madonna

    #3 Tiny Dancer - Elton John

    #5 The Dance - Garth

    #7 Free Fallin - Tom Petty

    #9 Hotel California - The Eagles

    Okay, I know, I'm not the first, but those are my guesses!

     
  • At 9:47 AM, February 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok, jenni got all the ones i know except for number 8 which is gracie by ben folds.

     
  • At 10:40 AM, February 08, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!! I'm late again!!

    1- A little less conversation - Elvis (or... if you're thinking the theme from vegas... it's really Elvis vs JXL

    2 - like a prayer - Madonna

    3-
    ???
    4- FOOTLOOSE!! - Kenny Loggins

    6 - People are People - Depeche Mode


    9 - Hotel california - Eagles

    10- We are the Champions - Queen

    that's all I got.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, February 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1. Little Less Conversation (Elvis)
    2. Like A Prayer (Madonna)
    3. Tiny Dancer (Tim McGraw)
    4. Good Charlotte (Footloose: Kenny Loggins)
    5. The Dance (Garth Brooks)
    6. People Are People (Depeche Mode)
    7. Freefalling (Tom Petty)
    8. Gracie (Ben Folds)
    9. Hotel California (The Eagles)
    10. We are the Champions (Queen)

     
  • At 10:48 AM, February 08, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    cough cough cough *CHEATER!!!!* cough cough cough

     
  • At 12:02 PM, February 08, 2006, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    10. My way by Frank
    9. Hotel california Eagle
    7. Tom Petty Free falling
    3. Tiny dancer. Ej
    And I m spent.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, February 08, 2006, Blogger Claire said…

    2) Madonna -- Like a Prayer
    3) Elton John -- Tiny Dancer
    4) Kenny Loggins -- Footloose
    7) Tom Petty -- Free Fallin'
    9) Eagles -- Hotel California
    10) Queen -- We are the Champions

    That's all I got. And here I am on Wednesday morning, checking in like a good girl, and already 12 other people jumped on this ahead of me. I think you've started a cult following, Susie.

     
  • At 1:06 PM, February 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For those who wonder - I printed the lyrics and had them hanging - between myself & 2 co-workers we got the songs (sorry if that's cheating - I didn't ask for help per se - they say it on my wall and got hooked).

    I'm fortunate my mom worked at a Radio station for 25 years and music is our thing (I adore Elvis and was big into country, I thank my sister for exposing me to Depech Mode and my husband is a Queen junkie) - the one I absolutely couldn't get myself - one of my co-workers new baby girl is...Gracie

     
  • At 1:08 PM, February 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry Suz - I probably shouldn't have let anyone help - you can delete me from the game...great songs though

     
  • At 1:12 PM, February 08, 2006, Blogger mamashine said…

    I wanted to play. I got excited because I knew some of the answers! And then I read the comments. Bummer. Looks like I missed the whole game. I'll try to look earlier next week. :)

     
  • At 7:05 PM, February 08, 2006, Blogger kerryleemac said…

    1. Elvis-Little less conversation
    2. Madonna-Like A Prayer
    3. Elton John-Tiny Dancer
    4. Kenny Loggins-Footloose
    5. Garth Brooks-The Dance
    6. DAMN IT! I KNOW IT!!!
    7. Tom Petty-Free Falling
    8. No idea?
    9. Eagles-Hotel California
    10. Queen-We are the Champions

     
  • At 8:20 PM, February 08, 2006, Blogger kerryleemac said…

    #6 Depeche Mode--People are People!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home