Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Blah

So I haven't written much lately because I've been busy or uninspired. Actually I think I've just got a case of the Blahs. You know, when you feel like speaking to no one and staring at the television mindlessly is divine.

Liam is more active now - needing more of my attention. He's not the blob who could sit for endless minutes staring at his thumb. He is thinking and doing and manipulating objects and looking for Mumma to make a crazy face. Or sound. Or something. He's not crawling, but he is yelling. He likes to yell and screech. Especially for more Cheerios or Gerber puffs.

Dan left this morning at 6:45 (when a fancy Town Car came and picked him up) for Seattle. This is adding to the Blahs. I'm sort of numb because I don't want to think too much about it and feel lonely and miss him. I do miss him, of course. But dwelling on it does nothing but make me sad so I'm just averting my mind from it. More Blah.

Liam is the only non-Blah thing going on in this house right now. He is the very antithesis of Blah. He's all about new things like vomiting after he eats 4 small pieces of carrot and almost vomiting after eating a teeny bit of a green bean. Cheerios are new. How can he eat the Cheerios and the puffs but not the squishy piece of cooked carrot or green bean that is the same size or smaller?

So the Blahs go on... I'm sure I'll snap out of it soon. Sometimes you need a little Blah to avoid the greater evils... like the Blues.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM, May 19, 2005, Blogger WILLIAM said…

    The Blahs suck. But I'm sure those pictures of the "sheik" perk you up.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, May 19, 2005, Blogger Susie said…

    Did I spell sheik wrong is it sheik or shiek? I think it's sheik.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, May 19, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    hey babe--- I'll come up and keep you company---


    I mean, why not--- rhena doesn't seem to think she needs a nap, so she can scream at me the whole way up?


    just kidding.


    LOVE the pictures of Liam, though... I almost can't wait for him to have his first girlfriend.... PROMISE me you call me when you show her these!!! :)

    XXOO

     
  • At 3:18 PM, May 19, 2005, Blogger Susie said…

    Carrie - You'll find out yourself when Rhena tells you about it ;)

     
  • At 6:07 PM, May 19, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    I'd volunteer Rhena to be a hooker, but she only likes older men!!!

    (ok--- horrible mother in the house!!! I just said my duaghter's name and volunteer hooking in the same sentence!!! WTF???)

    where's my medicine, Susie???? ;)

     
  • At 6:42 PM, May 19, 2005, Blogger Susie said…

    Carrie - your meds are probably what made you say that. Cze-Johnson Brothel Fever.

     
  • At 10:15 PM, May 19, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    God bless supplemental income?


    ok, ok--- must...shut...mouth!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home