Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It's Getting Hot in Herrrr; Name That Tune Results.

Woooohooooo it got a little smokey in here today. That's good! I like things a little spicey!

First Jenni got all rapid fire premature shooting. Da ruleeeez girl! You gotta read da rulez. They will be reinterated below. Diana cleaned UP this week due to technicalities! Jody finally got her hat in the ring! We also had newbies drop in: Kerry, Erin and Kep. Ang showed up a little late for the party but got a groove on. Carrie's still bitching and moaning about missing the Wednesday bus. When she isn't doing that, she is lobbying for extra points by snitching! Dream ON, sistah. Claire came but perhaps little Isaac's Thomas train sets tripped her up on the way here. William brought his game but seems like he barely made it to the 3rd quarter before collapsing from Florida heat exhaustion.

Somebody remind me that this is supposed to be a mommy blog cause I'm having fuuuuuuuun.

Ok so let's reinstate the rules... I only posted a link to the rules this week - guess I should post them clear as day every week.

RULES RULES RULES
1. Be honest and don't Google the lyric line I posted, ok? I mean the prize won't be THAT stellar to warrant cheating. Added: Now I never said team play was illegal. But there is only one prize. And most people are playing on their own... so it does sort of pose an unfair advantage. But I still won't rule it out. Hell I'm sure if I were playing I might ask Dan if I were stumped on a rap lyric. Yeah, rap. Don't ask.
2. First come, first correct answer, points earned! That means only one person gets the points for getting the song/artist right. Whomever guesses the correct answer first!You have til the deadline declared day of game ET to take guesses.
3. ONE comment entry per person per game. So no guessing one then coming back and guessing on the rest. One shot to get them right. Otherwise we've got ourselves a free-for-all!
4. You can guess on all or just one or two. You get a point for each one you get right - IF you were the first commenter to get it correct.
5. You have to guess both the Song title AND the Performer. If you guess only one or the other you get no points, even if it's right. AND you give another player a chance to get it right!
6. The game plays every Wednesday - the past two weeks I've been posting the game at 9am ET This may change - if it does I'll let you know AT LEAST the day before.
7. Lastly, if it looks like someone got them all - guess ANYWAY! It's fun! And you could end up with some points due to a technicality. Sucky to one, joy to another - that's life kids!

Ok enough bullshit... let's get to the results portion of the show. Cause even I'm falling asleep here.

Answers and Point Takers...
1. A little more bite and a little less bark; A little less fight and a little more spark
A Little Less Conversation - Elvis Presley; points to Diana!

2. Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone; I hear you call my name; And it feels like home
Like a Prayer - Madonna; Points to Diana!

3. Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you’ll marry a music man; Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
Tiny Dancer - Elton John; Points to Diana!

4. You’re playing so cool, obeying every rule; Dig way down in your heart, You’re yearning, burning for some
Footloose - Kenny Loggins; Points to Ang!

5. And now... I’m glad I didn’t know... The way it all would end, the way it all would go.
The Dance - Garth Brooks; Points to Jenni! Welcome to the game!

6. It’s obvious you hate me though I’ve done nothing wrong; I’ve never even met you so what could I have done
People are People; Depeche Mode; Points to Carrie!

7. And I’m a bad boy cause I don’t even miss her, I’m a bad boy for breakin’ her heart
Free Fallin' - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers; Points to Jenni!

8. You nodded off in my arms watching TV, I won't move you an inch even though my arm's asleep
Gracie - Ben Folds; Points to Jody! Welcome to the game!

9. And in the master’s chambers, they gathered for the feast; They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can’t kill the beast
Hotel California - The Eagles; Points to Diana!
Jenni - I'm sorry but you matched the wrong number to this song!

10. I’ve had my share of sand kicked in my face -but I’ve come through...
We Are The Champions - Queen; Points to Carrie!

So yeah! There you go...

And the standings...
(remember 1st time players get 3 "I'm not a loser!" points; additionally people will now get ONE POINT for showing up to play even if they fail to score - first and only time you'll get points for THAT.)

Diana - 10 pts NEW POINTS LEADER
Ang - 8 pts
Carrie - 7 pts
Johnny Mac - 6 pts
Jenni - 6 pts
Kelli - 5 pts
Jody - 5 pts
onangelwings - 5 pts
Claire - 5 pts
Toronto Erin - 4pts
William - 4 pts
Erin - 4 pts
Kerry - 4 pts

PROGRAMMING NOTE: NEXT WEEKS' GAME WILL BE POSTED AT 10am ET.

Be careful out there.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:00 AM, February 09, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    sorry Ang... you poted twice... so no credit for you! PLUS... you didn't name the performer AND the song... (Hot in Here by Nelly, btw)

    best get yer rules straight! XXOO

    booyakasha!!!

    *disclaimer.... any posts made therein by me do NOT reflect the thoughts and opinions of this network*

     
  • At 10:07 AM, February 09, 2006, Blogger Susie said…

    Sorry Jenni - added you in - must have been the late hour making my brain more dim than usual!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home