Monday, April 04, 2005

SCARY FREAKY PLASTIC

Not that this has anything to do with my son but...

My friend Carrie is doing another Monday Match-up on her blog. She casually made mention of perhaps pitting the King of Burger King versus Ronald McDonald and it reminded me...

Is anyone else COMPLETELY creeped out by the new Burger King commericals? They have a really strange one with Hootie singing and chicks with tons of cleavage and quite frankly it looked like a bad trip. Or what I imagine a bad trip must be like.

But even beyond that, they have this SCARY FREAKY PLASTIC Burger King guy walking around with this sadistic smile painted on his face. The commerical where he is in bed with a guy and the tag line is "Wake up with the King" is enough to make me want to vomit. All. Over. The. Place.

In the latest one, he walks up to the window of a house and hands some dude a sandwich. What is appealing about a SCARY FREAKY PLASTIC Burger King guy at your window?!?! Why would I want a burger from that place [People! I know of the flame-broiled goodnesss - you are preaching to the choir.] In fact, I'm a bit skeeved by the idea of going into a Burger King as that guy may be lurking about - most likely in one of the restrooms... And you KNOW I'd have to strike my Karate Kid one-legged bird pose and kick his SCARY FREAKY PLASTIC ass all over the place.

No, I would NOT like fries with THAT.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, April 05, 2005, Blogger Carrie said…

    for shits and giggles.... I'll throw my opinion about the two characters....

    First... I agree. The king is pretty freaky. Had no idea that was Hootie singing on those commercials, but it does kinda make sense now... he IS a bit of the cornbread type, no?

    As for our dear friend Ronald.... am I the only one who saw Poltergeist????? DUDE!

    I'm willing to admit I still have a lurking sense of FEAR whenever clowns are around, but big red clowns with red hair pushing MEAT brings visions of little children trapped in kitchens being pushed into grinders. X-nay on the clown-say.

    Good riddance. I think I'll pass on BOTH places and make myself a sandwich at home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home